Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Vietnam War. 06:48 - Oct 24 with 1015 viewsBenters

Ive got to the part in the war when one of the most famous pics of that war was taken.

Its the family running through the napalm bombs the children had their clothes burnt off,thankfully the little girl survived and is alive and well and now lives in Canada.

Bloody shocking,see also agent orange that mullered the people,countryside and animals.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The Vietnam War on 07:31 - Oct 24 with 975 viewsIpswichIrish

Utterly depressing

We could be on the brink of something similar again today and I don't buy the argument that it couldn't happen again, for example with Iran or North Korea
The Vietnam War on 07:32 - Oct 24 with 967 viewsBenters

The Vietnam War on 07:31 - Oct 24 by IpswichIrish

Utterly depressing

We could be on the brink of something similar again today and I don't buy the argument that it couldn't happen again, for example with Iran or North Korea

Shocking watching that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The Vietnam War on 07:58 - Oct 24 with 938 viewspowinswitch

The Vietnam War on 07:32 - Oct 24 by Benters

Shocking watching that.

Benters. Watched 'Last days of Vietnam' on PBS America (channel 534 on Sky) and it was unbelievable. One part was about a Vietnamese helicopter pilot which I won't recount but is the most remarkable thing I have ever heard. Inspirational. Try and watch it, you will be amazed.
The Vietnam War. on 08:23 - Oct 24 with 903 viewsWeWereZombies

I'm only up to episode three but I've got to thank you for your recommendation last week, might have let this one pass me by otherwise. Strange that the USA was almost in bed with Ho Chi Minh before the start of the war but then chose, whist Kennedy was in office, to back the corrupt regime in the south. And the French treated the Vietnamese peasants, much like their own peasants a couple of hundred years before, like dirt and then a few years later were condemning the USA. Harold Wilson did well to keep us out of it and it is sobering to think that if we had of got involved I was an age then to be called up towards the end.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024