Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich and Norwich's form before derbies 17:51 - Feb 10 with 1793 viewstractorboy2000

So after today's dire performance and Norwich's decent result away at Derby it got me thinking that we always seem to be struggling as a team going into derbies. So I had a look into both ours and Norwich's pre-derby form since we last beat them and compiled this together:

28th Nov 2010 (4-1 Norwich) Ipswich Form-LLL Norwich Form-DDD
21st April 2011 (1-5 Norwich) Ipswich Form-WDW Norwich Form-LDW
23rd August 2014 (0-1 Norwich) Ipswich Form-LLD Norwich Form-LWW
1st March 2015 (2-0 Norwich) Ipswich Form-WLW Norwich Form-WWW
Playoffs Ipswich Form-DWL Norwich Form-LDW
21st August 2016 (1-1) Ipswich Form-LLD Norwich Form-WDW
26th February 2017 (1-1) Ipswich Form-WDD Norwich Form-WDL
22nd October 2017 (0-1 Norwich) Ipswich Form-WLL Norwich Form-WWD
18th February 2018 ? Ipswich Form-LWD Norwich Form-WWD

Main points to come from this:
Ipswich have only won the game before a derby twice since last beating Norwich (proceeded to lose both derbies)

MM has only won the game before a derby once

Norwich have won the game before a derby on five occasions, losing once

Norwich have never lost 2 of the 3 games leading up to a derby, Ipswich have on four occasions

Norwich have had the “better” form on 6 occasions, Ipswich have twice

I know this doesn’t take into account opponents or score lines but thought it was interesting as it does always seem to feel that Norwich are going into derbies full of momentum and we’re struggling slightly and I guess this data proves it somewhat. Don't know if anyone else has a different interpretation of it however it doesn't make good reading for next Sunday, but life's full of surprises I guess.

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Ipswich and Norwich's form before derbies on 17:55 - Feb 10 with 1761 viewsJ2BLUE

My interpretation is that there's no real pattern or logic to it. Think you decided the narrative before looking at the evidence.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ipswich and Norwich's form before derbies on 21:53 - Feb 10 with 1501 viewsbentley_blue

The only pattern I can see is that we always lose (or occasionally draw) against that lot.
Ipswich and Norwich's form before derbies on 22:29 - Feb 10 with 1436 viewsLower_North

Ipswich and Norwich's form before derbies on 21:53 - Feb 10 by bentley_blue

The only pattern I can see is that we always lose (or occasionally draw) against that lot.

We'll do well to get a point.

Mick will set up for a draw and we'll probably lose.

Been a Blue since 1972, never felt so low...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024