Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bostik premier league update 22:24 - Feb 21 with 44398 viewsvapour_trail

Just back from seeing Folkestone invicta beat new money boys and runaway league leaders billericay town, 2-1. Great game two brilliant goals and a seasons best attendance of 728.

Top night out.

get stuck into the non league scene

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Bostik premier league update on 19:44 - May 4 with 5189 viewsANNA3ROA

Bostik premier league update on 01:19 - May 4 by KilburnBlue

You’re not wrong. Zak & Niko were superb tonight with Ashley throwing some cracking little runs here & there.

The only player with a niggle after the game was Josh Walker with an ankle injury but hoping he will be ok for Monday. When we have players as good as Matt Ball & Keegan Cole who cannot get on the sub bench, shows we are in pretty good shape right now.

Are you there Monday?

Hi KilburnBlue, Hendon were great on the night it could have been 7-0 by half time lets hope on Monday for the same come on you Greens..........
Bostik premier league update on 08:30 - May 5 with 5122 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 19:44 - May 4 by ANNA3ROA

Hi KilburnBlue, Hendon were great on the night it could have been 7-0 by half time lets hope on Monday for the same come on you Greens..........

Hope Dulwich Hamlet win it personally. Pushing Billericay Town so close for the title, having to deal with all the nonsense about their ground and finishing so far ahead of Hendon in the league they deserve promotion. However, as we all know football doesn't work like that. Will be interested to see the attendance for the play off final, hope it tops 2,000!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bostik premier league update on 09:21 - May 5 with 5112 viewsvapour_trail

Bostik premier league update on 19:44 - May 4 by ANNA3ROA

It really could have been, you were right at it and we didn’t really show up, albeit we’ve run out of bodies, nobody on our bench was fully fit.

You’ve hit form at exactly the right time, I think you’ll win on Monday.

Bostik premier league update on 20:52 - May 5 with 5068 viewsANNA3ROA

Bostik premier league update on 09:21 - May 5 by vapour_trail

It really could have been, you were right at it and we didn’t really show up, albeit we’ve run out of bodies, nobody on our bench was fully fit.

You’ve hit form at exactly the right time, I think you’ll win on Monday.

Hi Vapour trail, You are right about Folkestone not turning up? my theory is that James o'hara of billericay did the damage which mentalia drained you with that late goal...I hope you are right about Monday will be a tough game.
Bostik premier league update on 17:48 - May 7 with 4950 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 20:52 - May 5 by ANNA3ROA

Hi Vapour trail, You are right about Folkestone not turning up? my theory is that James o'hara of billericay did the damage which mentalia drained you with that late goal...I hope you are right about Monday will be a tough game.

3,321 at the play off final between Dulwich Hamlet and Hendon. The pictures on Twitter are amazing, the stadium is packed!! 1-1 after extra time, going to penalties.

Bostik premier league update on 17:48 - May 7 with 4949 viewsTractorCam

Bostik premier league update on 17:48 - May 7 by christiand

3,321 at the play off final between Dulwich Hamlet and Hendon. The pictures on Twitter are amazing, the stadium is packed!! 1-1 after extra time, going to penalties.

Come on Dulwich!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bostik premier league update on 17:49 - May 7 with 4948 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 17:48 - May 7 by TractorCam

Come on Dulwich!

Dulwich won 4-3 on penalties, I bet there are absolute scenes there!!!

Bostik premier league update on 17:58 - May 7 with 4940 viewsTractorCam

Bostik premier league update on 17:49 - May 7 by christiand

Dulwich won 4-3 on penalties, I bet there are absolute scenes there!!!

Excellent, been knocking on the door for a few years now so good to see them promoted in this of all season's too!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Bostik premier league update on 19:39 - May 7 with 4914 viewsParisBlue

Bostik premier league update on 17:58 - May 7 by TractorCam

Excellent, been knocking on the door for a few years now so good to see them promoted in this of all season's too!

Yes good to see after the problems with the council and their ground. As a long-distance Horsham supporting fan I know the impact this has - thankfully after 10 years away from the town, playing their “home” games in Worthing, Lancing and YMCA, reduced income, the inevitable relegation to the Sussex league and multiple rejections from the extremely unhelpful council, Horsham’s new ground should be ready for the first game in November in time for the anniversary of this cracker (hopefully the new pitch is a bit better)

Also noticed that Kings Lynn finished second in their play-off final. Which for a team from Norfolk presumably warrants a place on the honours board and an open-top bus tour?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bostik premier league update on 19:56 - May 7 with 4898 viewsvapour_trail

Bostik premier league update on 17:48 - May 7 by christiand

Saw some pics on Twitter, that’s a terrific attendance.

Congrats to dulwich, best team I’ve seen this season. Unlucky Kilburn, anna3roa, so close you boys must be gutted.

Bostik premier league update on 20:25 - May 7 with 4881 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 19:56 - May 7 by vapour_trail

Congrats to dulwich, best team I’ve seen this season. Unlucky Kilburn, anna3roa, so close you boys must be gutted.

For two sides in the Bostik Premier League, that crowd is pretty spectacular!
[Post edited 7 May 2018 20:27]

Bostik premier league update on 21:28 - May 7 with 4860 viewsvapour_trail

Bostik premier league update on 20:25 - May 7 by christiand

Scenes.

Bostik premier league update on 00:15 - May 8 with 4811 viewsKilburnBlue

Bostik premier league update on 19:56 - May 7 by vapour_trail

Atmosphere was tremendous. Even the Hendon fans made a bit of noise with 500 or so in attendance :)

Been Hendon's Kitman this season & have to say the scenes inside the dressing room after the game was awful to see. To hear the celebrations going on outside the dressing room whilst seeing our players so distraught was hard.

Not knocking Dulwich who imo are a great non league club. Considering the tough season they're had off the field this season, for them to finish second is a huge credit to them. Just gutted we come so close to getting out of a division that we have been in for 80 years & into Tier six for the first time in the clubs history

Think our squad will be pulled apart this summer as we only got a couple of players on contract with literally the whole team free to leave in the summer. But that's part & parcel of being a non league fan Isn't it
[Post edited 8 May 2018 0:18]

Bostik premier league update on 22:47 - May 8 with 4695 viewsANNA3ROA

Bostik premier league update on 00:15 - May 8 by KilburnBlue

Atmosphere was tremendous. Even the Hendon fans made a bit of noise with 500 or so in attendance :)

Been Hendon's Kitman this season & have to say the scenes inside the dressing room after the game was awful to see. To hear the celebrations going on outside the dressing room whilst seeing our players so distraught was hard.

Not knocking Dulwich who imo are a great non league club. Considering the tough season they're had off the field this season, for them to finish second is a huge credit to them. Just gutted we come so close to getting out of a division that we have been in for 80 years & into Tier six for the first time in the clubs history

Think our squad will be pulled apart this summer as we only got a couple of players on contract with literally the whole team free to leave in the summer. But that's part & parcel of being a non league fan Isn't it
[Post edited 8 May 2018 0:18]

Hi KilburnBlue & Vapour trail A very sad day at the office but I am still feeling proud of Hendon and also hoping not all the squad is pulled apart? and try and go up AUTO next season. Hendon have been in same league since the 60s so I have been told they were in the Athenian League as well. Looking back at the glory years Hendon beat Dulwich home 10-1 and away 9-1 in one season I hate any play offs two teams should just go up 1st and 2nd so for this season the first two did go up...its no fun if you fail in the play offs.
Bostik premier league update on 06:28 - May 9 with 4624 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 22:47 - May 8 by ANNA3ROA

Hi KilburnBlue & Vapour trail A very sad day at the office but I am still feeling proud of Hendon and also hoping not all the squad is pulled apart? and try and go up AUTO next season. Hendon have been in same league since the 60s so I have been told they were in the Athenian League as well. Looking back at the glory years Hendon beat Dulwich home 10-1 and away 9-1 in one season I hate any play offs two teams should just go up 1st and 2nd so for this season the first two did go up...its no fun if you fail in the play offs.

I thought Hendon FC had a spell in the equivalent National South during the 90s when Peter Taylor was manager and Vic Green the club Chairman before he departed for Stevenage?

Bostik premier league update on 07:29 - May 9 with 4597 viewsKilburnBlue

Bostik premier league update on 06:28 - May 9 by christiand

I thought Hendon FC had a spell in the equivalent National South during the 90s when Peter Taylor was manager and Vic Green the club Chairman before he departed for Stevenage?

Afraid not. Been in the Isthmian League since 1963. Never been promoted or relegated in all that time. Makes Ipswich's 17 years in the championship look like a microsleep

Know you follow the results of Worthing. Have you seen them play this season?
The management have got them playing some lovely stuff down there.

Bostik premier league update on 07:51 - May 9 with 4580 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 07:29 - May 9 by KilburnBlue

Afraid not. Been in the Isthmian League since 1963. Never been promoted or relegated in all that time. Makes Ipswich's 17 years in the championship look like a microsleep

Isthmian League it is Kilburn. Am I right in thinking that the Isthmian League was the next league down from the Conference and that's why I thought Hendon played in the National League South or its equivalent back in the early 90s?

Haven't watched Worthing play, just interested to see if they would avoid relegation after their woeful start of 10 league defeats out of 11. Found I was checking out their result after Ipswich's on most Saturdays. Really enjoyed the Bostik League this season and have popped over to watch Heybridge Swifts a couple of times. After scoring over 100 goals, they just missed out in the play off semi final to eventual winners of the North section Haringey Borough 2-0.

Bostik premier league update on 12:52 - May 9 with 4539 viewsKilburnBlue

Bostik premier league update on 07:51 - May 9 by christiand

Isthmian League it is Kilburn. Am I right in thinking that the Isthmian League was the next league down from the Conference and that's why I thought Hendon played in the National League South or its equivalent back in the early 90s?

Haven't watched Worthing play, just interested to see if they would avoid relegation after their woeful start of 10 league defeats out of 11. Found I was checking out their result after Ipswich's on most Saturdays. Really enjoyed the Bostik League this season and have popped over to watch Heybridge Swifts a couple of times. After scoring over 100 goals, they just missed out in the play off semi final to eventual winners of the North section Haringey Borough 2-0.

You maybe right there. Not sure what level Isthmian League was back in the 90s, but it would fit in being a Tier under the conference as Hendon used to get quite good crowds back then.

As for Worthing. Once they got back to Woodside Road their results improved massively. The ground & set up they have there wouldn't be amiss in a higher league.

Can see the crowds getting bigger at Worthing due to the football they try to play. 3-1 down at ours & all our goals come from a mistake by your back 4 trying to play it out. The thing that I admired is they still continued with this ethos & managed to get it back to 3-3 playing with the same style. From the goal kicks the full backs would literally drop back to the corner flags & midfielders would drop to the edge of the box to receive the ball so to keep possession. Out of all the games Ive seen this season, Worthing is the one I enjoyed watching the most.

Ps Likewise feelings about the Bostic league. Felt for Grays in the play offs. They had a cracking run at the end of the season only to lose to Canvey who aren't too popular at the moment after that dual registration.

Have you seen this chart by the way - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1t1mMy_ZEFaFKA4aIOSIHL-JvA6Y&ll=52.0689

[Post edited 9 May 2018 13:13]

Bostik premier league update on 14:11 - May 9 with 4499 viewsClapham_Junction

Bostik premier league update on 07:51 - May 9 by christiand

Isthmian League = Bostik League (Isthmian is the non-sponsored name). They've been in the same division since 1963. The Premier Division was the level below the Conference until the Conference North/South were created in 2004. Hendon actually finished high enough in 2003/04 to join the Conference South, but turned down the opportunity.
Bostik premier league update on 16:34 - May 9 with 4469 viewskrisleiston

Bostik premier league update on 20:25 - May 7 by christiand

Even though Dulwich seem to be a very political club and not my politics (middle class lefties), they have always been a really nice bunch coming up to leiston and the supporters were great when we met in the semi final.

I wish them all the best next season
Bostik premier league update on 18:35 - May 9 with 4444 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 14:11 - May 9 by Clapham_Junction

Isthmian League = Bostik League (Isthmian is the non-sponsored name). They've been in the same division since 1963. The Premier Division was the level below the Conference until the Conference North/South were created in 2004. Hendon actually finished high enough in 2003/04 to join the Conference South, but turned down the opportunity.

Just done a bit of research after reading your post Clapham Junction, spot on with your info. The Isthmian league had leagues 1,2 and 3 below the Premier too. Interesting to see some of the teams and where they were at the beginning of the 90s, compared to now.

Bostik premier league update on 20:01 - May 10 with 4353 viewsANNA3ROA

Bostik premier league update on 07:29 - May 9 by KilburnBlue

Hi KilburnBlue, Good news or Bad news?Hendon no longer in the Isthmian League since 1963 till 2018. Now in Southern League south...
Bostik premier league update on 21:23 - May 10 with 4321 viewsClapham_Junction

Bostik premier league update on 20:01 - May 10 by ANNA3ROA

Hi KilburnBlue, Good news or Bad news?Hendon no longer in the Isthmian League since 1963 till 2018. Now in Southern League south...

Quite a few clubs very unhappy with the restructuring. Met Police for one.

Wisbech are now in the same division as Morpeth in Northumberland!

Glad Sudbury stayed in the Isthmian North as there were suggestions all the Suffolk clubs would be moved en masse to the Southern League, which killed the club a few years ago. Unfortunately they did move the Suffolk clubs in the Premier (Leiston, Lowestoft & Needham) to the Southern League and they now have trips to Staffordshire and Worcestershire to look forward to...
Bostik premier league update on 01:15 - May 11 with 4279 viewsKilburnBlue

Bostik premier league update on 20:01 - May 10 by ANNA3ROA

Going by some tweets by the coaching staff (like the one below) It comes across as bad news for the club. The manager & chairman are quite upset with the decision & hopefully they will be appealing. Going to places like Wales & Cornwall doing 9 hour round trips for a bunch of players on a low wages will not help imo.

Also cannot see players resigning next season like Bray, Lee, Hammond & Muir who all live in the Essex area :(

Bostik premier league update on 06:24 - May 11 with 4220 viewschristiand

Bostik premier league update on 01:15 - May 11 by KilburnBlue

Going by some tweets by the coaching staff (like the one below) It comes across as bad news for the club. The manager & chairman are quite upset with the decision & hopefully they will be appealing. Going to places like Wales & Cornwall doing 9 hour round trips for a bunch of players on a low wages will not help imo.

Also cannot see players resigning next season like Bray, Lee, Hammond & Muir who all live in the Essex area :(

Showing my naivety here, but why the need for a league restructure?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024