Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s over, no point dragging it out any further 09:28 - Mar 14 with 520 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I would still maintain that Mick has done a good job overall, in terms of results. Top half finishes in all bar one full season (and sitting there currently), and even in the one that we didn’t it can be argued we finished above where our budget dictates we should be. The squad is in much better shape than inherited and we arguably have a lot of the pieces for a playoff push - which is a far cry from where we were

But 2 awful performances and any faint hope of the playoffs has gone. Meanwhile we sit 22 points clear of relegation. There really is nothing to play for the rest of the way. A large portion of the fans are bored or turned off by the style, and with no excitement of anything to play for there really isn’t any point in delaying the inevitable. I think we’d probablt be worse under a caretaker - but it may at least lift the atmosphere a bit as clearly PR is going to be a horrible place to watch and play football for the rest of the season regardless. At the very least we should be confirming what is happening in the Summer - which is presumably that Mick is off

It’s a shame it’s ended this way given the job Mick had previously done. It’s probable that at the end of last season was when it should have happened, as despite the poor season he probably would have gone with the goodwill of most (although I can see why we didn’t, and arguably that may have been justified had we not lost most of our midfield). As it is he’ll probably leave one of the more disliked Ipswich managers in history - a lot of that of his own making

Thanks Mick, but time to move on, for all involved

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024