Please log in to use all the site's facilities
at 08:07 19 Aug 2017
Think a few people on here said they were running this, how did we all get on?
Actually turned out that I had forgotten to enter, however a mate tweaked his hamstring midweek meaning I could take his place. Finished in 47:01 which was my quickest 10k for a while, but annoying that I missed sub-47 by a second and got beaten in a sprint finish by another mate!
|Hate to be that guy but...|
at 19:06 17 Aug 2017
...what happened to the McGoldrick thread earlier? Assume it must have kicked off, as can't have been deleted on subject matter alone surely?
|Waiting for the train to leave Liv St|
at 22:57 15 Aug 2017
What the f*ck have I just watched...no idea how we won that but I'm certainly not going to complain! Still buzzing, COYFB
|Being a dopey melt...|
at 18:16 12 Aug 2017
...I've only just realised Millwall is Tuesday and not Saturday, which means I can feasibly go
Anyone know how much tickets are? (no longer available online)
|A few thoughts on last night|
at 07:53 9 Aug 2017
Quick hit thoughts on a very good win and performance last night, with the obvious caveat that it was League Two opposition...
- First half very scrapped, with the difference being the one true moment of quality from Celina. How we managed to get in at 1-0 with Luton missing practically an open goal on half time I've no idea, but will take the breaks
- Speaking of that Luton chance, felt Gerken could have done better than parry straight to the Luton players feet, and some issues remain with crosses into the box. He'll be pleased with a clean sheet but didn't think it was his best night
- 2nd half was much, much, much better. For 20 minutes we absolutely dominated Luton and looked likely to score with every attack. Don't really know how it took until injury time to make it 2
- Where on earth did we magic up Flynn Downes from? Everything Luke Hyatt gives us and so much more. He was everywhere, with drive and distribution to boot
- Not far behind was Celina. Took a little while to get going in the scrappy early stages but once we got the ball into his feet his class was clear. Made the first and caused panic on numerous occasions - his willingness to run at the defence is something we've been sorely lacking. Player
- Controversial view but I didn't actually think McGoldrick was that great. Overplayed at times and slowed down several promising attacks. Also bemusing to hear chants of Oh David McGoldrick go up when he f*cked up, or was offside. Probably being harsh - goals were well taken, the 2nd in particular
- Waghorn looked lively, unlucky not to score with a curling effort after he came on
- Nydam was anonymous 1st half but came alive 2nd half, with a couple of outstanding pieces of skill as he grew in confidence. Shame to see him go off, which I assume was precautionary having taken a knock a couple of mins before
- Thought Iorfa and Kenlock both struggled. One area of concern was how isolated they looked - at times getting the ball and driving forward but there being little option ahead or inside, something to work on. The latter improved a bit late when we had 3 up top and more natural width ahead
- No idea who Wolfenden is, but didn't really notice him which is a good sign I guess!
- Good, positive support for the team tonight, hopefully that keeps up. Performances like that and I'm sure it will
- Kenilworth Road is a hole. I liked it
- A cup win! Away! Hurrah!!
- Here's hoping for a nice easy 2nd round tie, then Spurs away and a trip to Wembley in the 3rd... 🙂
|Following on from itfcjoe's thread...|
at 13:26 3 Aug 2017
What does everyone think constitutes an acceptable season this time around for Mick to have his contract extended?
For me - if we finish top 10, having flirted with the playoffs for part of the season with a more clearly defined style than last (not expecting Barcelona but back similar to when we were good a couple of years ago would be fine) and the likes of Dozzell getting more minutes and I'd think it is warranted. That may be setting the bar a bit low for some, but given the budget I think that would constitute a very reasonable effort
A win over that lot from up the A140 would be nice too (I won't ask for a cup run as accept this won't happen!)
|Garner (assuming he signs)|
at 10:03 16 Jun 2017
I am quietly confident. Mick's permanent striker signings here can essentially be broken down into two pots:
- players which we've invested a decent amount in (by our standards) either in wages or fees to be in and around the starting 11
- players picked up cheap to pad out the squad
Of the players Mick has signed, I would breakdown as per below. Obviously there is an element of conjecture to this so feel free to disagree:
Key signings: Murphy, McGoldrick, Sears, Pitman
Cheap options: Nouble, Ebanks-Blake, Varney, Bajner, Hunt, Alabi, Best, Moore
Of those we've invested in, only Pitman hasn't really worked out, and even he bagged 14 in his time here. The cheap pickups have been much more of a mixed back, but that's to be expected
Mick has a good track record in this area, and hopefully what he has seen in Garner is something that can fill the glaring hole in our front line since Murphy left
|Rubbish stat I've seen today|
at 13:31 28 Mar 2017
Ipswich are still the last 'Town' team to play in the English top division. Huddersfield could change that if they get promoted
Meaningless but surprised me so thought I'd share...
at 08:01 26 Feb 2017
That is all
|Who here's tried Kobe steak?|
at 11:37 30 Dec 2016
Went to the Salthouse for dinner last night and they have a Kobe Steak on their indulgences menu for the not so cheap sum of £82
Am due to go back there in a couple of weeks for a birthday meal. Obviously £82 for a steak is ridiculous, but I'm now rather curious and feeling tempted to give it a whirl, although can't help but feeling it will seem like a massive let down compared to the price
So TWTD, who's experienced this particular type of steak?
|Rather torn on this Murphy news|
at 18:07 26 Aug 2016
On one hand he is fundamental to the way we play, and there's no doubt we struggle without him
On the other, he's 33, the goals have seemingly dried up a bit and this is probably the last opportunity we'd get to sell him for anything meaningful. Losing him may also force a change in approach
I think reluctantly, anything north of £3.5m I'd be happy to see him go, subject to some of that money being reinvested in either a replacement, or the wider squad. Difficult ask at this late stage, but really the season be a write off without it
Either way if he does go I certainly wish him well, although hopefully time will show we got rid at exactly the right moment!
|Reading Harry's notes|
at 11:35 12 Aug 2016
Some of the comments about the last game against them are hilarious. I'd hate to see how the react if they ever face a team who are actually dirty
Biggest overreaction since Brighton fans with bannergate
|Anyone else do the Twilight 10k tonight?|
at 22:58 5 Aug 2016
Decent well organised event once again. Cracked sub-50 with 48:34 which is my second best 10k, which I was pretty pleased with given the relatively hilly course and warm weather
Anyone else take part, and if so how did you do?
at 19:12 31 May 2016
Hoping for some advice from the collective wisdom of TWTD
Off to France for 9 days for the Euros next Friday. Will be travelling between Paris, Lille, Lyon and St Etienne during this time. Usually when headed abroad I would just exchange a wedge of Euros before travelling, but I don't really fancy carrying a large volume of cash when travelling about so much
Anyone got any tips/advice for getting cash at a cheap rate whilst abroad, as my debit card has hideous withdrawal fees? Have left it a bit late obviously so time is somewhat limited to sort any specialist cards
|Arcade Tavern fans|
at 13:10 20 May 2016
Anyone able to tell me if there's any food on tonight? Healy is planning a rare Friday sesh and will no doubt be peckish at some point
[Post edited 20 May 2016 13:14]
|West Ham signed a teenage Spanish striker today...|
at 16:25 22 Apr 2016
...who is quoted on their website as saying "The prospect of playing front of 60,000 people next year really catches my attention, and it is a stadium that has so much history"
|Forum Votes: ||2404|
|Comment Votes: ||-15|
|Prediction League: ||0|