Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Great win today|
at 17:29 13 Jan 2018
And looking at the fixtures, some winnable games coming up
We probably need to win 3 of the next 4 if we’re going to seriously challenge for the playoffs IMO, which would see us in a decent position heading into the derby. Here’s hoping we can get a little run going - COYB
|Oh god I’ve just remembered something else from last night|
at 11:59 3 Jan 2018
After the second Fulham goal, when the goalscorers name was read out someone behind me yelled out ‘ Oh good, another Englishman’
Ignoring the casual xenophobia/racism, I can only assume that by ‘another’ he was also referring to the first goalscorer. That being England under 19 international Ryan Sessegnon...
|Well that went south fast|
at 23:05 2 Jan 2018
Ridiculously stupid from Spence. Whether you think it should have been a red or not (personally think the ref had no option but seen others suggesting it should have been a yellow), by going in like that he was always inviting the ref to send him off - completely unnecessary when 1-0 up and in that area of the pitch
I actually thought at that point we’d got a good foothold in the game and were looking relatively comfortable. First 30 minutes were a struggle, but as Fulham’s press tired a bit in the first half we’d got more into the game culmanating with the goal, and continued that way in the second half
Unfortunately following the card it all rather went to sh*t. Without the benefit of watching the highlights, the first looked a good goal with a bit of luck at the end, the second a huge slice of luck for Fulham and then our heads going completely from there, although pretty irrelevant as it was game over already. Not sure what happened from the 4th as decided to leave and get the half 10 train home
So where from here? Playoffs look out of reach and we won’t go down, so for me a decision on McCarthy’s future needs to be made soon with January business and the rest of the season looking to the future
Like most I think Mick’s time is up - personally I’m not convinced we’ll be any better for a new man coming in without significant investment, but definitely feels as if the whole club needs a change and a lift. Regardless I still think Mick has done a great job overall given the budget constraints, but at he same time completely get the criticism re style - if we’re not going to challenge for promotion and fans aren’t enjoying watching then really you have to question the point
Sorry, that turned into a bit of a ramble!
[Post edited 2 Jan 23:05]
|Disappointing result today|
at 17:28 26 Dec 2017
Said a couple of times recently that it is points dropped against inferior opposition at home that is preventing us being in the playoff places - today is another that falls into that category. We really need to be winning games like this at home
Celina not getting on until so late also frustrating. I guess that given the run of games over the festive period there is a need to rest him and presumably McCarthy would rather not have brought him on at all, but with the game drifting we really needed to get him on a bit earlier IMO
Pressure is on for the Derby game now - win that and 4 points from the 2 games isn’t a bad return, but the stakes have definitely been raised for that one now. Here’s hoping for a better performance, COYB
|Rather than responding to posts individually|
at 22:41 9 Dec 2017
Thanks to all for your congratulatory messages for the birth of the second latest mini Tractor Boy on Thursday, and apologies to Sitters for unintentionally stealing a little bit of the limelight in his thread!
|Just so I’m clear...|
at 17:24 25 Nov 2017
...some people aren’t seriously losing their sh*t because we lost away at one of the best teams in the division, are they?
|Keeping it in the corner|
at 08:28 23 Nov 2017
Why do we always be so negative etc etc?
Not saying that some on here are overreacting, but that is literally the first time this season we have lost a result in the last minute, and we’ve won 4 games by a goal
It happens occasionally, get over it
|Some strange scrabbling for things to criticise on here again today|
at 20:26 4 Nov 2017
Seems as if some people are almost disappointed we won. Regardless of your thoughts on Mick, surely for as long as he’s in charge any Town supporter should want us to pick up as many points as possible - even if that means he continues to earn the right to manage the club
Seems to me that anyone that thinks otherwise is more interested in being right than the clubs fortunes
|At least there’s a reason for some toy throwing tonight|
at 21:51 31 Oct 2017
Saturday is a must win now - realistically this was always going to be a tough game but we need to show we can get a result against a decent side at some point. A good performance would be nice too - but I fear a slow start and the atmosphere could turn sour very quickly
at 18:18 28 Oct 2017
The forum really is hilarious tonight
Are certain posters really using us winning a game as an opportunity to criticise McCarthy for a lineup and changes that won us the game?
There’s plenty of sticks to beat McCarthy with without having to invent ones
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 18:18]
|I'm not disappointed with the result last night|
at 07:41 23 Aug 2017
I don't blame MM for playing the kids given the injury situation, and in any case losing 2-1 away to a Premier League team is hardly a disgrace. I'm also very much glad we didn't get humped as it likely would have knocked some of the youngsters confidence
Reading the forum this morning though, you'd think we won the game. Talk about going overboard - it's like listening to Labour supporters after they lost the last election
at 08:07 19 Aug 2017
Think a few people on here said they were running this, how did we all get on?
Actually turned out that I had forgotten to enter, however a mate tweaked his hamstring midweek meaning I could take his place. Finished in 47:01 which was my quickest 10k for a while, but annoying that I missed sub-47 by a second and got beaten in a sprint finish by another mate!
|Hate to be that guy but...|
at 19:06 17 Aug 2017
...what happened to the McGoldrick thread earlier? Assume it must have kicked off, as can't have been deleted on subject matter alone surely?
|Waiting for the train to leave Liv St|
at 22:57 15 Aug 2017
What the f*ck have I just watched...no idea how we won that but I'm certainly not going to complain! Still buzzing, COYFB
|Being a dopey melt...|
at 18:16 12 Aug 2017
...I've only just realised Millwall is Tuesday and not Saturday, which means I can feasibly go
Anyone know how much tickets are? (no longer available online)
|A few thoughts on last night|
at 07:53 9 Aug 2017
Quick hit thoughts on a very good win and performance last night, with the obvious caveat that it was League Two opposition...
- First half very scrapped, with the difference being the one true moment of quality from Celina. How we managed to get in at 1-0 with Luton missing practically an open goal on half time I've no idea, but will take the breaks
- Speaking of that Luton chance, felt Gerken could have done better than parry straight to the Luton players feet, and some issues remain with crosses into the box. He'll be pleased with a clean sheet but didn't think it was his best night
- 2nd half was much, much, much better. For 20 minutes we absolutely dominated Luton and looked likely to score with every attack. Don't really know how it took until injury time to make it 2
- Where on earth did we magic up Flynn Downes from? Everything Luke Hyatt gives us and so much more. He was everywhere, with drive and distribution to boot
- Not far behind was Celina. Took a little while to get going in the scrappy early stages but once we got the ball into his feet his class was clear. Made the first and caused panic on numerous occasions - his willingness to run at the defence is something we've been sorely lacking. Player
- Controversial view but I didn't actually think McGoldrick was that great. Overplayed at times and slowed down several promising attacks. Also bemusing to hear chants of Oh David McGoldrick go up when he f*cked up, or was offside. Probably being harsh - goals were well taken, the 2nd in particular
- Waghorn looked lively, unlucky not to score with a curling effort after he came on
- Nydam was anonymous 1st half but came alive 2nd half, with a couple of outstanding pieces of skill as he grew in confidence. Shame to see him go off, which I assume was precautionary having taken a knock a couple of mins before
- Thought Iorfa and Kenlock both struggled. One area of concern was how isolated they looked - at times getting the ball and driving forward but there being little option ahead or inside, something to work on. The latter improved a bit late when we had 3 up top and more natural width ahead
- No idea who Wolfenden is, but didn't really notice him which is a good sign I guess!
- Good, positive support for the team tonight, hopefully that keeps up. Performances like that and I'm sure it will
- Kenilworth Road is a hole. I liked it
- A cup win! Away! Hurrah!!
- Here's hoping for a nice easy 2nd round tie, then Spurs away and a trip to Wembley in the 3rd... 🙂
|Forum Votes: ||2773|
|Comment Votes: ||-15|
|Prediction League: ||0|