Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 points from 5 games... 17:22 - Mar 20 with 1168 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

...is as bad a return as we’ve had from 5 league games at any point during the season 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 points from 5 games... on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1133 viewspositivity

yep, lambert achieved it 3 times, hope this is cook's only one!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

4 points from 5 games... on 18:06 - Mar 20 with 1050 viewsArnieM

That’s what you get when you bring in a new manager with a few games to go and a shower of shy5e for a squad to work with, that has proved itself to be incapable of change / adaptation over the last 3 years.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

4 points from 5 games... on 18:10 - Mar 20 with 1028 viewsblueprint

4 points from 5 games... on 18:06 - Mar 20 by ArnieM

That’s what you get when you bring in a new manager with a few games to go and a shower of shy5e for a squad to work with, that has proved itself to be incapable of change / adaptation over the last 3 years.

This. Cook is not a miracle worker and anybody who thought that he could come in and turn this rabble into a half decent side in a matter of weeks are deluded. I’m sure he knows we have massive issues at the club and nothing is going to change this season.
4 points from 5 games... on 18:16 - Mar 20 with 1018 viewsGlasgowBlue

4 points from 5 games... on 18:06 - Mar 20 by ArnieM

Yeah. i tried to explain this the other day.

Paul Cook is head and shoulders above Lambert. In the long term he'll do a great job here. But for the remaining games left I would have let Matt Gill carry on as he was familiar with the players.

Paul Cook is learning and experimenting each game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

4 points from 5 games... on 18:56 - Mar 20 with 910 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 points from 5 games... on 18:10 - Mar 20 by blueprint

This. Cook is not a miracle worker and anybody who thought that he could come in and turn this rabble into a half decent side in a matter of weeks are deluded. I’m sure he knows we have massive issues at the club and nothing is going to change this season.

...and yet that rabble picked up 11 points in the 5 games prior

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 points from 5 games... on 18:58 - Mar 20 with 900 viewshaynes_toe1

4 points from 5 games... on 18:56 - Mar 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

...and yet that rabble picked up 11 points in the 5 games prior

Exactly. If Cook is head and shoulders above Lambert he should be able to average the same ppg as Lambert did with the same squad, surely?
4 points from 5 games... on 19:29 - Mar 20 with 807 viewsMerseyBlue

4 points from 5 games... on 18:10 - Mar 20 by blueprint

It is interesting to note that a lot of people said that anyone else could get this bunch of players promoted when Lambert was in charge, and now that anyone else is in charge, the players are suddenly being labelled as the problem.

Not Cook's fault at all but interesting that in the eyes of many (based on what I see on here) the squad has gone from being 'one of the best in the league' to 'a bunch of chinless wonders' now that the big bad wolf has gone and things aren't going as swimmingly as we would like.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

4 points from 5 games... on 19:32 - Mar 20 with 788 viewschrismakin

4 points from 5 games... on 19:29 - Mar 20 by MerseyBlue

It is interesting to note that a lot of people said that anyone else could get this bunch of players promoted when Lambert was in charge, and now that anyone else is in charge, the players are suddenly being labelled as the problem.

Not Cook's fault at all but interesting that in the eyes of many (based on what I see on here) the squad has gone from being 'one of the best in the league' to 'a bunch of chinless wonders' now that the big bad wolf has gone and things aren't going as swimmingly as we would like.

I think to be fair to a lot of posters, those sort of comments were made before the January window.

It would have been very interesting to see if PC had 4 loanee signings available, what 4 would he have got over the ones we ended up with

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

4 points from 5 games... on 19:35 - Mar 20 with 772 viewsHerbivore

4 points from 5 games... on 18:16 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. i tried to explain this the other day.

Paul Cook is head and shoulders above Lambert. In the long term he'll do a great job here. But for the remaining games left I would have let Matt Gill carry on as he was familiar with the players.

Paul Cook is learning and experimenting each game.

Not sure there's been a whole lot of experimenting going on to be fair. He's largely persisted with the same core of players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4 points from 5 games... on 19:41 - Mar 20 with 758 viewsMerseyBlue

4 points from 5 games... on 19:32 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

I think to be fair to a lot of posters, those sort of comments were made before the January window.

It would have been very interesting to see if PC had 4 loanee signings available, what 4 would he have got over the ones we ended up with

In defence of the loanees we made though:

Parrott has been better than Drinan in terms of what he offers, although the end product has been much the same... not enough.

Matheson did well against Blackpool, although the whole team played well that day and we haven't seen very much of him since.

Josh Harrop was supposed to be someone who could take a decent set-piece, which is something we have been lacking since the days of Aaron Cresswell, but alas he seems to have caught a case of the Ipswichs

Thomas - he's the black sheep of it all, didn't know anything about him, haven't learned anything from him

Aside from Morgan Rogers who elected to go to Lincoln, I don't really know who else PC could attract that PL couldn't - we'll always be a hard sell as a club dangling in the doldrums in the arse-end of nowhere

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

4 points from 5 games... on 19:53 - Mar 20 with 724 viewsPJH

4 points from 5 games... on 19:41 - Mar 20 by MerseyBlue

In defence of the loanees we made though:

Parrott has been better than Drinan in terms of what he offers, although the end product has been much the same... not enough.

Matheson did well against Blackpool, although the whole team played well that day and we haven't seen very much of him since.

Josh Harrop was supposed to be someone who could take a decent set-piece, which is something we have been lacking since the days of Aaron Cresswell, but alas he seems to have caught a case of the Ipswichs

Thomas - he's the black sheep of it all, didn't know anything about him, haven't learned anything from him

Aside from Morgan Rogers who elected to go to Lincoln, I don't really know who else PC could attract that PL couldn't - we'll always be a hard sell as a club dangling in the doldrums in the arse-end of nowhere

You never saw Waghorn take a set-piece then?
4 points from 5 games... on 19:55 - Mar 20 with 710 viewsMerseyBlue

4 points from 5 games... on 19:53 - Mar 20 by PJH

You never saw Waghorn take a set-piece then?

Forgot about him. That season feels like it was decades ago now.

4 points from 5 games... on 19:56 - Mar 20 with 699 viewsPJH

4 points from 5 games... on 19:55 - Mar 20 by MerseyBlue

Forgot about him. That season feels like it was decades ago now.

Yes well we were in The Championship then-and relatively comfortably.
4 points from 5 games... on 19:59 - Mar 20 with 690 viewsMerseyBlue

4 points from 5 games... on 19:56 - Mar 20 by PJH

Yes well we were in The Championship then-and relatively comfortably.

How very depressing it is to be a town fan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024