Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland... 17:23 - May 23 with 545 viewsstrikalite

Let's be honest, it'll be far easier getting them promoted than getting us even near the top six next season, they finished the season strongly and that squad even without new faces is far stronger than anything in that division, he'll no doubt think he can get the best out of them..

Throw in location and being close to Scotland and family it's a given I think..
Sunderland... on 17:26 - May 23 with 525 viewsIllinoisblue

agree absolutely. New owner/new manager buzz there, he'll probably do very well and as you say, closer to home. Leaving aside our emotions, why on earth would he choose ITFC over Sunderland?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sunderland... on 17:28 - May 23 with 511 viewsdirtyboy

I don't think any of us doubt that.

His record will look really good if he gets them promoted, which let's be honest, should be easy.

Then he's got a gig in the Championship or quite possibly one at a Premier League club if the right post comes up.

That and being closer to home is a bit too much for us to compete with. What I would suggest we have going for us is low expectations from fans so not as much pressure initially and decent stability with the owner.

Perhaps he is geniunely worried that following McCarthy is a tough gig?
Sunderland... on 17:35 - May 23 with 492 viewsstrikalite

Sunderland... on 17:28 - May 23 by dirtyboy

I don't think any of us doubt that.

His record will look really good if he gets them promoted, which let's be honest, should be easy.

Then he's got a gig in the Championship or quite possibly one at a Premier League club if the right post comes up.

That and being closer to home is a bit too much for us to compete with. What I would suggest we have going for us is low expectations from fans so not as much pressure initially and decent stability with the owner.

Perhaps he is geniunely worried that following McCarthy is a tough gig?

He's no fool, even though we have some decent kids he'll know how tough the Championship is, a huge step up from what he's been doing, League One which I keep my eye on being in Peterborough is arguably just a small step up..

I wonder if he's spoken to Mick or his agent has, wouldn't surprise me, who would Mick suggest Manage right now? The easier League with the biggest budget I'd have thought..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024