Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn’t the main point here that a player’s worth 18:21 - Jul 19 with 747 viewsbontcho

Is ultimately determined by who they are replaced by. The Wickham and Murphy fees were spent (in general) on loan fees and an increased wage budget with mixed results.

In this instance if we sell Waghorn but sign 4 players who are a success then it’s a good sale, if they are bad signings then it’s a bad sale.

Recruitment is huge.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Isn’t the main point here that a player’s worth on 18:47 - Jul 19 with 675 viewsSwansea_Blue

Essentially, yes. It a good point worth raising again. It depresses me when people think selling our best players is a good deal. Many of us are being conditioned to think like accountants, which is understandable given the money in the game. But how are you supposed to build a team when you sell your best players all the time? How did we get on when Murph left, for example?

It’s not so bad if the replacement(s) is (are) better, but that has happened rately under ME. We didn’t replace Mings, we didn’t replace Murph until last summer, we’ve not improved on Berra, Smith..... And on it goes.

I know we have to operate under fair play rules, but that shouldn’t make selling our best players ‘good business’. It should be viewed for what it is - complete crap, needed to balance the books.

Imagine if SBR had had to sell one or two of our best players every year - we’d have achieved nothing.

Rant over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024