Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans 10:56 - Aug 8 with 635 viewsDecageBruce

It wasn't too long ago that we appeared to miss out on Jack Ross and there were many disappointed fans. At the time I was 50/50 between him and PH and was slightly down having believed the media coverage.

Sitting here today I have to admit I am a very happy boy (understand at this point in time none of our signings have been formally announced) but have to admit on having the following thoughts:

1) PH must always have been the front runner and ME stuck to his guns and got his man

2) With the sale of MW and AW and the funds released, ME and PH obviously had a plan which has been executed to perfection

3) Early days but some of the lower league players bought in appear to be real prospects and will be missed by their current clubs. Without harking back to previous managers too much, does anyone agree that this is what ME always hoped MM could do but it never really materialised. In his previous jobs he had found some real gems, especially wingers, which just never really materialised in that last few years here

4) With all of the player movement over the past 3 seasons, is it a myth that MM was given no funds given all of the signing on, loan fees and wages that we have spent without really holding any value to them?

This last 3 weeks has just felt different. A plan seems to have been formed and changes made to the approach, style and general feel of the club.

I don't make it to FPR due to distance and have been quiet (although lurking)on these pages for a few years to to disenchantment and not wanted to get involved with much of the discontent on here.

Really looking forward to seeing what the next 12 months brings. I hope those that pay their hard earned money are entertained and fall back in love with the way we play. I hope we have a few good wins and performances and even a nice little cup run.

Also, looking forward to seeing what the next trend in moans and scapegoats are as at this point in time I can't see anything obvious so that'll be a nice surprise
Marcus Evans on 18:45 - Oct 3 with 509 viewsLeagueOne

Are you still a "happy boy" given all that has transpired since the window?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024