Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you see the future of ITFC 09:27 - Aug 23 with 4464 viewsFrimleyBlue

Being realistic, what do you see after the last 18 years

Honestly, without a new owner (BTW no gripe with Evans, I think he's brilliant tbh) who wants to plough a sht load of money in, I can realistically see us going down and being a yo yo league 1 league 2 club in the next 15 years.

Doesn't mean that's a bad thing, football has changed a lot over the past 30 odd years and I can't see anything other than the top 2 leagues being full of what I call money clubs.

I think you'll see the occasional side shock, as we tend to see occasionally now, but overall I think it's going to really end up being those who spend big succeed those who don't compete in their own group.

I've joked about it a few times, but I can see town in the next 20 years moving into a small stadium on the outskirts of town, and the council putting housing developments all over PR.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a future which includes the prem or the championship for us based on how football is going.

The above is no flounce on Evans, Hurst etc, nothing to do with current results which tbh means nothing at this point in the season. But i'd like to know what others see in the future of ITFC

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:49 - Dec 15 with 409 viewschristiand

Based on how we are currently, we're in a precarious position and relegation certs in most people's eyes, including my own if I'm being honest. However, long term we've got a crop of very exciting young players coming through and perhaps League One is going to be the best environment for them to cut their teeth, gel as a side and get that winning mentality back before we, as a club, push on again.

For me, as I've said previously, ME is a real problem. His restriction on funding of the club, although creditable, hasn't really changed from when he first took control, football has left him behind and these are now the cards that we've been dealt due to his lack of proper funding of the squad to allow our managers to bring in 'like for like' replacements. Ideally, I'd like the club to get the little things right off the pitch: merchandising, catering, ticket pricing etc... the list goes on. Make it a more an attractive proposition than it currently is, get the basics down and make it an appealing stadium to come to for home and away supporters. What concerns me most is we look like a club that just simply lacks direction and pride and that comes from the very top ......ME!! I've seen enough of PL to be convinced he can take us forward on the pitch (even if relegated), but he needs support in the long term to make this a successful project. Therefore, ME needs to 'put up or move on' because honestly he's the one that is limiting the progress of Ipswich Town, simply under his leadership we've steadily regressed and that's the travesty of this whole affair!!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 11:37]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024