Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost for Words 13:53 - Sep 24 with 818 viewsMetal_Hacker

I've been refreshing the site all morning and looking at other posts and trying to get out in a post of my own some frustrations and perhaps some idea of how WE could put this right and unfortunately I'm at a loss

I've supported ITFC now since 1977 and to be honest I simply want my football club back. How that's done I really don't know but I want to be able to wake up match day and look forward to it and not completely dread it. I want to believe we have a chance ,have some belief, yeah just a chance of winning a game with an element of a good display.

I want an owner who cares about the fans and doesn't just "spin" when he sees fit and then runs off and hides again.

I want some pride back and not be sick and tired of the team I love

I was fortunate enough to have parents who could afford to take me to Wembley in 78 and Amsterdam in 81 . I don't expect those times back . I just want to be able to have some belief that we might be spoken about in a good light and have a chance that we might all rave about a brilliant display one Saturday and feel good the next day and be proud to support this once great club

My patience is really being tested

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lost for Words on 14:06 - Sep 24 with 725 viewsWeWereZombies

When I saw the title of your thread I was going to fasciesciously suggest you go and support QPR, but last time I went to Portman Road was the QPR game last season with a gang of four, one of whom was a QPR supporter who had just the same gripes as us. As if to reinforce it I suffered the loss of £120 quid and two or three hours of our time for a quite poor 0-0.

It's Championship football that is the root cause, although a better owner than Evans would at least give the hope of getting away from it. But the ultimate remedy is for everyone to stay away until those in charge of the game correct their errors.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Lost for Words on 14:07 - Sep 24 with 711 viewsBlackboots

I agree with you. It’s not realistic to expect us to get close to the level we were at from the early 70’s to early 80’s but it would be refreshing to hear us being spoken about positively or have something to feel proud of about our club’s current status. A lot of neutrals used to have a soft spot for our club, that’s no longer the case.

The image of our club has significantly deteriorated since ME took over. Appointing Keane was a significant factor in this but not the only one. Dull football, ticket prices, declining condition of PR and several other factors have all played their part. It feels as if we are in terminal decline.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 14:08]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024