Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January window and those rules ... 22:18 - Dec 29 with 1063 viewsBlue_badge

Everywhere I've looked on the web seems to say that these are the rules that apply to Championship and EFL Clubs. I'm happy to be proved wrong but please do some research before posting 'corrections' such as "we can sign as many loans as we like" - we can't !

- The window opens at 00:01am on Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
- The window closes on Thursday, January 31 2019 at 11pm in the UK (midnight in Europe), although some deals may complete after this deadline - as long as all the necessary paperwork is submitted before the deadline, transfers can be completed afterwards.
- The emergency loan window no longer exists.
- Free agents could join the club outside the window.
- There is dispensation should clubs suffer a goalkeeping crisis.
- Championship and EFL clubs are allowed to have eight players on loan, but can only pick a maximum of five loanees in their match day squad.
- They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, of which only two can be over the age of 23.
- Recalls can only occur during the transfer window.
There’s also stuff about players signed on Jan 1st not being able to play for 3 days but that seems to be a Premiership agreement — so perhaps we can sign six players before breakfast on Jan 1st and see them line-up against Millwall !
January window and those rules ... on 22:56 - Dec 29 with 994 viewsGuthrum

Where does the bit about a limit of eight loan players overall come from? EFL rules Section 6 Paragraph 54.4, which contains most of those limitations, does not specify that.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Edit: I think new signings still need to be registered the day before a match, so nobody would be available on Jan 1st.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 23:00]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

January window and those rules ... on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 858 viewsBlue_badge

January window and those rules ... on 22:56 - Dec 29 by Guthrum

Where does the bit about a limit of eight loan players overall come from? EFL rules Section 6 Paragraph 54.4, which contains most of those limitations, does not specify that.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Edit: I think new signings still need to be registered the day before a match, so nobody would be available on Jan 1st.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 23:00]

Agreed - I can't see that in the regulations.
I've based that on many recently published newspaper sites and club sites, when talking about loan rules for their local clubs, which include
"The EFL place a limit on how many players one club can sign on loan during a given season. This is designed to stop clubs stockpiling loan players while also encouraging opportunities for youth players if loans cannot be relied upon.
Rules dictate that <Forest/Bristol City/Leeds> can only have eight players on loan during the season."

I'll carry on looking ...
January window and those rules ... on 18:12 - Dec 30 with 743 viewsBlue_badge

January window and those rules ... on 09:55 - Dec 30 by Blue_badge

Agreed - I can't see that in the regulations.
I've based that on many recently published newspaper sites and club sites, when talking about loan rules for their local clubs, which include
"The EFL place a limit on how many players one club can sign on loan during a given season. This is designed to stop clubs stockpiling loan players while also encouraging opportunities for youth players if loans cannot be relied upon.
Rules dictate that <Forest/Bristol City/Leeds> can only have eight players on loan during the season."

I'll carry on looking ...

The Evening Star says "Championship clubs can sign as many loan players as they like, but may only name five of them in a matchday squad" so looks like I'm wrong - but I can't figure why so many championship club related sites say a max of 8 players on loan.
I'm bored with it now ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024