Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alianza Lima v River Plate - match report 04:10 - Mar 7 with 766 viewsbluelagos

What was good:

50 soles (£12) to watch the South American champions.
Good seats, well behaved but noisy fans
93 mins of footie with Lima taking a famous win home (nearly)

What wasnt:

Arsehole security refusing my e-ticket and insisting i go to an internet cafe to print it out thus missing a chunk of the first half.
Arsehole security stealing my hat as a security risk
The 94th minute equaliser by RP

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Alianza Lima v River Plate - match report on 12:06 - Mar 7 with 630 viewsBecclesITFC

Sorry to hear that, what a nightmare. I really want to go to a game over there, but i just don't trust anyone.

Well behaved fans???

Didn't the last game V Boca get abandoned.
Alianza Lima v River Plate - match report on 12:55 - Mar 7 with 601 viewsbluelagos

Alianza Lima v River Plate - match report on 12:06 - Mar 7 by BecclesITFC

Sorry to hear that, what a nightmare. I really want to go to a game over there, but i just don't trust anyone.

Well behaved fans???

Didn't the last game V Boca get abandoned.

The game was moved to the national stadium (50k capacity) from the usual ground (35k)

This meant more fans (so cant complain) but the downside was the disorganisation. I reckon there were close to 5k still queueing to get in on kickoff. They had scanners to check tickets on Sunday, hence you could use e-rickets on your phone as well as print outs. Last night they turned people away unless they had paper tickets.

The hat thing was buzarre. A huge pile of confiscated hats, then on the way out, they had basically all been knicked. Htf a baseball hat is deemed a security risk ill never know.

There were 1000 RP fans and given the cost of travel, they would have been relatively wealthy. No trouble at all. Saw a few in tbe home end too (with shirts)

The trouble at the final (attacked the Boca coach) was literally 50 peopls throwing stones. Easy to label a whole fan base as violent but in reality the vast majority were (are) well behaved :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Alianza Lima v River Plate - match report on 13:20 - Mar 7 with 576 viewsbradforblues

I'm off to see Barcelona v Lyon next Wednesday, £100 for an average ticket but its a one off so not gonna complain too much. I would love to see matches on every continent, it really can be a beautiful game !

you are my ipswich !!

Alianza Lima v River Plate - match report on 13:23 - Mar 7 with 565 viewsBiGDonnie

Mate of mine went to Boca vs River a few years back and said he's never been so scared in his life.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024