Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year 13:36 - Apr 5 with 6507 viewsbontcho

Bart? - Chambo - Skuse - Judge - (A striker)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 18:45 - Apr 5 with 1276 viewsbraveblue

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:48 - Apr 5 by bontcho

I hope and expect after a summer’s rest we’ll see the Skuse that played in the first few Lambert games. I doubt he’ll play 46 games, I don’t see him playing Sat/Tues/Sat but bet he’ll be there in the major ones.

The fact that our midfield has only looked good when he is not playing is ignored then?
Not Skuse, please on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 1251 viewsBlueBadger

Not Skuse, please on 17:53 - Apr 5 by ScottCandage

1. Salary
2. We have too many youngsters in midfield, and it looks like PL wants to play them.
3. And most importantly, I think PL wants to implement a style of play that Skuse isn't strongest at. He is defense primarily, and we all know it. He's GREAT at it, but that's not style PL wants to play.
4. Nydam and Downes can play that position and give us better balance than Skuse there, as their games are not as focused on defending as Skuse's is.
5. Think of how we sparkle with Chalobah in there and how turgid we look with Skuse. Yeah, we need to purge that.

..if we're going to play on the front foot largely, you still need someone to protect the defence. In fact, you definitely need someone to do that if the others are going to be pushing forward. Skuse has demonstraed in fits and starts that he's capable of distributing the ball well to runners. The main reason he's so reviled here is that through his town career he's largely been paired with the defensive(Hyam), the slow(Dougie) or the plain rubbish(dougie) in CM.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Not Skuse, please on 08:08 - Apr 6 with 1135 viewsbontcho

Not Skuse, please on 19:23 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

..if we're going to play on the front foot largely, you still need someone to protect the defence. In fact, you definitely need someone to do that if the others are going to be pushing forward. Skuse has demonstraed in fits and starts that he's capable of distributing the ball well to runners. The main reason he's so reviled here is that through his town career he's largely been paired with the defensive(Hyam), the slow(Dougie) or the plain rubbish(dougie) in CM.

Totally agree. The good Skuse we saw in November would be an asset to any championship side, let alone league one side. Put one of Nolan/Huws and one of Bishop/Dozzell ahead of him and hey presto a balanced midfield. My proviso is Skuse needs to come back that November Skuse not the one we’re seeing now (which I hope is due to being rushed back).

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 08:18 - Apr 6 with 1128 viewsdissboy2

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:43 - Apr 5 by bontcho

The strange thing about Bart is I kinda think it’s down to him - I bet we’ll get bids around his release fee but I’m not convinced he’ll want to go. Perhaps somewhere not too far away might work for him, but even Forest are, what, 3 hours away. I think being a Prem reserve is unlikely now as there was talk of Palace and West Spam.

he won't go
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 08:18 - Apr 6 with 1128 viewsPositivelyPortman

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:55 - Apr 5 by IpswichKnight

I think he will move to Germany or Poland, we want to play from the back, Bart though a good shot stopper is not that type of keeper. I strongly suspect we will see Harry Wright in goal for the start of next season.

There’s no way Harry will be in goal next season.
He’s far too small and lightweight.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 08:34 - Apr 6 with 1116 viewsPositivelyPortman

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 17:45 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

I personally expect him to be slowly phased out in favour of Downes through next season. I expected it this season but we employed an incompetent midget who relegated us.

Give it a rest with the “incompetent midget” talk ffs.
Much as I like PL, and I’m glad he’s here for next season, there really was enough time for the ship to be turned around after PH’s dismissal.
It didn’t work with PL’s signings either did it?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 09:17 - Apr 6 with 1085 viewsBLUEGOLD

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 08:34 - Apr 6 by PositivelyPortman

Give it a rest with the “incompetent midget” talk ffs.
Much as I like PL, and I’m glad he’s here for next season, there really was enough time for the ship to be turned around after PH’s dismissal.
It didn’t work with PL’s signings either did it?

Apart from Judge and Bree and Keane, no
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 09:21 - Apr 6 with 1080 viewsNo9

If yoiu are going to have a 'kids team' tha last person you need on the pitch is C Skuse.
Chambers for his leadership value but needs to be replaced
Judge - is he really the messiah ?

I don't think Bart will stay long so If there is a young GK in the wings = start him before the end of this season
Login to get fewer ads

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 09:36 - Apr 6 with 1063 viewsmo_itfc

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:43 - Apr 5 by bontcho

The strange thing about Bart is I kinda think it’s down to him - I bet we’ll get bids around his release fee but I’m not convinced he’ll want to go. Perhaps somewhere not too far away might work for him, but even Forest are, what, 3 hours away. I think being a Prem reserve is unlikely now as there was talk of Palace and West Spam.

We concede a goal every 2.5 shots on target... that's terrible!!
Who's going to want a keeper with that kind of record??

Bart isn't as good as he used to be.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 10:06 - Apr 6 with 1032 viewsNo9

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 09:36 - Apr 6 by mo_itfc

We concede a goal every 2.5 shots on target... that's terrible!!
Who's going to want a keeper with that kind of record??

Bart isn't as good as he used to be.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

That isn't a keeper problem is it?
The problem is the lack of a defensive midfield which puts the back 3 or 4 into a place they can't defend
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:29 - Apr 6 with 983 viewsmo_itfc

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 10:06 - Apr 6 by No9

That isn't a keeper problem is it?
The problem is the lack of a defensive midfield which puts the back 3 or 4 into a place they can't defend

Have a look at the stats... we arent conceding a huge amount of shots at goal.

I know the keeper isn't the problem... just the team isn't good enough.
But Bart is part of that team and he simply isn't keeping enough shots out of the goal.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024