Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elliot 22:17 - Jul 28 with 5939 viewsWestcountryblue

Not scored more than 9 goals a season during his time in the football league. With him approaching 29, you have to seriously question this, especially with Harrison leaving.

Let's not mess around. Go get Murphy for a year and manage him well as back up to Norwood. This won't hamper the development of Jackson either who looks to have several more gears. Will Keane on a pay as you play deal would be nice too, or a 1 year deal providing we could offload Bart.
Elliot on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 275 viewsmattrolow

Elliot on 22:23 - Jul 28 by Westcountryblue

Difference is, Walters was 23 and McGoldrick was 24...both players who had shown tremendous potential early on in their career.

Elliot is 29 in November and has never scored more than 9 football league goals in a season, be that in League Two or the Championship.

We are messing around with crap players here.

I'm not business man, but personally i'd prefer to get Bart's 20k wage off the books and bring in two good players, one younger striker like Keane and a wise old head like Murphy to use as a battering ram during the second half of games.

I really liked Elliott when I saw him for Wimbledon a couple of times.

Physical, wins a lot of headers and can be effective. Looked a right handful. Saw him 4/5 times for them and there's a lot of qualities we could work with.

As another poster has pointed out, Keane has scored eight goals in his entire career. Three of them with us last season.

You can't just judge a striker on his record on Wikipedia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024