Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players for nothing 15:16 - Aug 2 with 345 viewscatch74

We’ve had some great deals - Berra, McGoldrick - Mick’s £10 000 team. Norwood now of course.

I imagine Evans gets a proper kick as a businessman, working out what Norwood is worth now etc
Maybe, just maybe he needs to view this season as a one off, bounce straight back and be £9m a year better off. Just a couple of fees if we can’t find the freebies for your w@nk b@nk - pleeease.

Anyway fingers crossed for a win, all the talks meaningless until the season starts.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Players for nothing on 15:46 - Aug 2 with 280 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes. In theory, you should be able to argue that more money would give us a boost.

But in practice, and for whatever reason, we have always gone backwards when we've splashed a bit of cash under Evans (while of course increasing his own potential losses and lowering the value of the club to prospective buyers too). This is over many different transfer windows and managers so I can understand Evans not entirely believing the theory.

I agree with the approach of treating this as a one-off but I don't have any explanation why spending seems to take us into worse positions than even non-spending.

Pronouns: He/Him

Players for nothing on 15:54 - Aug 2 with 268 viewscatch74

Players for nothing on 15:46 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Yes. In theory, you should be able to argue that more money would give us a boost.

But in practice, and for whatever reason, we have always gone backwards when we've splashed a bit of cash under Evans (while of course increasing his own potential losses and lowering the value of the club to prospective buyers too). This is over many different transfer windows and managers so I can understand Evans not entirely believing the theory.

I agree with the approach of treating this as a one-off but I don't have any explanation why spending seems to take us into worse positions than even non-spending.

I guess Waghorn and Garner were great cash buys, but as you say Evans has been stung by his spending, in fact stung by a lot of his decisions. It’s not an easy running a sport as a business. Let’s hope we get a bit of luck moving forwards.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Players for nothing on 15:59 - Aug 2 with 259 viewsDarth_Koont

Players for nothing on 15:54 - Aug 2 by catch74

I guess Waghorn and Garner were great cash buys, but as you say Evans has been stung by his spending, in fact stung by a lot of his decisions. It’s not an easy running a sport as a business. Let’s hope we get a bit of luck moving forwards.

Yes, not saying we haven't made some great buys when we've spent a little bit of money but any window where we've pushed the boat out has seen us go backwards.

Seems to be that we're better off bargain-hunting and otherwise building a team more slowly by working with what we've got. On that front, and as long as we have the sheer numbers/gaps filled after this transfer window, then maybe we should be a little more optimistic ... strange as it sounds.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024