Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane and Dobra - Taking the next step? 10:36 - Oct 9 with 525 viewsDarth_Koont

Great for Keane to finish the game with a goal and only right that Dobra takes the credit for setting it up.

But prior to that it was a little frustrating how little we managed to get Keane into the game and showing his undoubted quality. The aerial and scrappy stuff forward was fine for Roberts (and he did well enough to suggest he's a good back up for our current style and game plan in the league). However Keane was pretty ineffective and only got the ball anywhere near to feet on a handful of occasions.

I think if we're going to take the next step and develop the team and style (for the sake of this season and next) we'll need to do more linking up and attacking with the ball on the ground. Always knowing we can mix it up with balls into the channels.

Which brings me to Dobra. He was excellent in the channels and in his use of the ball around the box. A complete contrast to Judge who prefers the quick, direct style, Dobra looked happy holding onto the ball, taking on his man, drawing in other defenders and exploiting space with short passes. I know he's only young but I think he should be on the bench at least with how much danger and chances he can create almost at will.

He's also the sort of player who Keane needs on the park if he's to be effective. So here's hoping Lambert will make good use of them together. It's the sort of partnership (off the bench, at least to start with) that could give us another dimension and level to our play.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024