Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gardeners 14:51 - Oct 14 with 441 viewsjeera

Ornamental grass in a planter - well, blue fescue to be precise - how many seedlings to a tuft/plant/whatever they are called?

Does a single seed eventually become a plant or are they several planted together?

I've looked online but am none the wiser really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Gardeners on 15:13 - Oct 14 with 408 viewsDubtractor

I'd go for a small pinch. A single seed will dramatically thicken out into a bigger tuft, but will possibly not germinate or thrive.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gardeners on 15:29 - Oct 14 with 392 viewsjeera

Gardeners on 15:13 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

I'd go for a small pinch. A single seed will dramatically thicken out into a bigger tuft, but will possibly not germinate or thrive.

I've started a few seeds off in small pots but ultimately want a couple of tufts in a larger planter; you know as a display with some other bits and bobs, but don't know how many to place together to create a 'single' plant if that makes sense.

I have now learnt to plant grasses inside a separate pot before transferring them to a larger planter with other stuff or they tend to go a bit mad and take over.

Edit: Didn't read your reply properly at all did I. Sorry, found myself in a rush to get out the door. Single, but may not necessarily make it - got it. I'll make they're strong enough before planting out.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 19:11]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024