Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greatest British sporting comebacks or 'against all odds' victories 17:47 - Apr 19 with 1761 viewsBrixtonBlue

you can think of?

Top of my head (footballing-wise) there's Leicester winning the Prem, then Man U and Liverpool's comebacks in the Champions League (!999 and 2005 respectively). Any more football or other sporting ones you can think of?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Greatest British sporting comebacks or 'against all odds' victories on 22:57 - Apr 19 with 263 viewsvapour_trail

Greatest British sporting comebacks or 'against all odds' victories on 22:19 - Apr 19 by solemio

Don't forget the late Bob Willis at Headingly too. Botham is, to be fair, the first to stress this.

For sure. Botham turned the match on its head, but it was still a small total to defend, and after a slow start, Willis ripped them.

I’d forgotten the guy had passed. Loved his acerbic punditry in more recent days. A great guy.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Greatest British sporting comebacks or 'against all odds' victories on 07:34 - Apr 21 with 175 viewssolemio

Greatest British sporting comebacks or 'against all odds' victories on 22:57 - Apr 19 by vapour_trail

For sure. Botham turned the match on its head, but it was still a small total to defend, and after a slow start, Willis ripped them.

I’d forgotten the guy had passed. Loved his acerbic punditry in more recent days. A great guy.

Yes. I loved his favourite music too: Bob Dylan, Brahms and Wagner. Different - as Bob Willis was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024