Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good twitter thread on the Government's comms strategy 12:47 - May 12 with 2274 viewsgordon

Basically it's about distancing themselves from the political consequences of future failings and passing responsibility over to us.

Good twitter thread on the Government's comms strategy on 21:23 - May 12 with 184 viewsTractorWood

Good twitter thread on the Government's comms strategy on 21:01 - May 12 by Bugs

For many thousands of years common sense told us the Sun went around the Earth.

Critical thinking and being able to change ones opinions with new data is far more important than common sense IMO.

I think you're agreeing with me?

You're not talking about common sense, you are talking about Scientific zeitgeist.

Peasants weren't working the fields snorting with derision at Tom up the road who tried to rebut a Geocentric universe in the tavern last night.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 21:25]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Good twitter thread on the Government's comms strategy on 21:49 - May 12 with 153 viewsBugs

Good twitter thread on the Government's comms strategy on 21:23 - May 12 by TractorWood

I think you're agreeing with me?

You're not talking about common sense, you are talking about Scientific zeitgeist.

Peasants weren't working the fields snorting with derision at Tom up the road who tried to rebut a Geocentric universe in the tavern last night.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 21:25]

Yeah, I am.

But no my point was/is about before science was even a twinkle in humanities eye.

I was looking for another link but can't find it, but what this fella says pretty much hits the nail on the head.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-power-prime/201107/common-sense-is-n
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024