Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extended play-offs 20:55 - May 20 with 410 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Apologies if already done, I couldn't see a thread on this page and wasn't going to trawl through looking for one.

How do we think it would work? Some ideas I thought of:

7th plays 10th H and A, 8th v 9th the same and the winners play each other. Then 3rd plays 4th H and A while 5th play 6th. Winners of the latter play winners of the 7-10th rounds for right to play winners of 3 v 4 in final.

Mini tournament with leagues of 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th; 4th, 6th, 7th and 9th. Each team plays each other at neutral venue (1 venue for each league). Winners of the mini leagues play each other in the final.

Some variation of the above themes.

First scenario would see teams play different number of games but maximum of 7 matches - would need around 4 weeks minimum. The higher placed teams play fewer matches but does that mean they risk lack of match fitness when it matters? This format could be abbreviated if all matches are at neutral venues and so only 1 leg.

Second means all teams play the same number of games - 4 for the finalists. It could be done in less than 4 weeks.

I know it is highly unlikely to affect us but I wonder what sort of format it would take and what people would rather see happen.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024