Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dissertation 08:28 - Aug 8 with 673 viewsnewcastlefan1984

My dissertation that I wrote in 2007 was titled: "Will the gap continue to widen between the Premier and Football League?" with the subtitle: "Do the PL have to do more to ensure the survival of the FL?"

Back in 2007 I spoke to Ipswich's financial director and I interviewed him and he presented him with some questions. They were friendly and I asked how they felt about the future. They said more needed to be done and the parachute payments impacted upon their ability to attract players as clubs who had been relegated had huge transfer budgets to those who had been in the Championship.

With co-vid 19 and it getting worse, do you feel these parachute payments need to be better distributed throughout the leagues these next 3-5 years. It is unfair considering Bury and Bolton had a horrific 2019 and sadly Bury went last year and with Sheffield Wednesday starting a new season with a 12 point deduction next month, that the Premier League start with clubs receiving a hundreds of millions of pounds each.
My dissertation on 08:32 - Aug 8 with 649 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Parachute payments are not needed by relegated clubs now.

Most clubs end up selling players for £60m+ and still have a competitive squad.

Relegation clauses should be inserted into all players contracts.

The PL will always act in their own interest, and don't care about the EFL.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024