Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the Nightingale been covered? 15:17 - Dec 24 with 2010 viewscatch74

Apologies if I missed it but this seems weird.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 00:26 - Dec 25 with 321 viewsBlueBadger

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 23:44 - Dec 24 by pistonbroke

Thousands of unemployed jeera , pay them a proper wage give them decent money during training then there would be no shortage

It's really not as simple as that. Nursing and most allied professions such as physios, pharmacists, speech therapists, etc, etc nowadays(to name but one) is a degree led profession with a high degree of drop-out during training. And a high number of trainees means a high level of teaching responsiblity for already stretched staff. Proper on-the job teaching takes time.
It's also expensive, both for the NHS and trainees to do that.

On top of that, universities only have so much physical space(skills labs and the like are expensive to put together and require a lot of maintaining and space) and people qualified to teach the skills and knowledge required properly.

Oh, and properly training a registered nurse takes 3-4 years, which doesn't solve the issue of 'we've got no staff during a pandemic happening NOW'.

[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 0:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 00:34 - Dec 25 with 304 viewspistonbroke

Has the Nightingale been covered? on 00:26 - Dec 25 by BlueBadger

It's really not as simple as that. Nursing and most allied professions such as physios, pharmacists, speech therapists, etc, etc nowadays(to name but one) is a degree led profession with a high degree of drop-out during training. And a high number of trainees means a high level of teaching responsiblity for already stretched staff. Proper on-the job teaching takes time.
It's also expensive, both for the NHS and trainees to do that.

On top of that, universities only have so much physical space(skills labs and the like are expensive to put together and require a lot of maintaining and space) and people qualified to teach the skills and knowledge required properly.

Oh, and properly training a registered nurse takes 3-4 years, which doesn't solve the issue of 'we've got no staff during a pandemic happening NOW'.

[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 0:27]

Excellent response badger , highlights the years of understaffing and underpaying the people that we rely on ,
I know and realise that you people of the nhs compared with other erm is civil servants the right wording I dunno but you know what I mean , why are you paid less than say I t consultants or housing managers etc , it’s wrong , you are the people that deserve more
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024