Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibraltar Spain border open 17:30 - Dec 31 with 1913 viewsNthsuffolkblue

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/spain-and-uk-agree-deal-to-keep-gibraltar-

I wonder what concessions have been made to enable it. I would not be too surprised if in the longer term Gibraltar becomes Spanish and Ireland unified.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Gibraltar Spain border open on 15:32 - Jan 2 with 161 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Gibraltar Spain border open on 11:14 - Jan 2 by bluejacko

Not true. I work with people from both sides of the divide, so please just don’t assume I have any prejudices either way.

There is only one set of people who will disturb the peace and that is the IRA as the vast majority of people just want to get on with their lives.
So again don’t assume NI is a powder keg waiting to explode.

And the more genuine question is whether you have discussed with those who hold different opinions whether they would welcome a united Ireland. I suspect you do not volunteer your views to those who are likely to disagree and they do not volunteer theirs.

At least you now recognise there is one group of people who would so like a united Ireland they are prepared to take up arms to disturb the peace in an attempt to achieve it. At some point you may even recognise that there is another group prepared to take up arms in order to "fight" for the status quo.

I would love for NI not to be a powder keg waiting to explode, especially when the IRA will export that violence to the British mainland, however, you sound very blinkered to reality based on what does get reported.

MI5 rates the threat to Northern Ireland and nationally from Northern Ireland-related terrorism currently as "severe" but what would they know? https://www.mi5.gov.uk/threat-levels

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024