Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pull my team apart 13:59 - Jan 30 with 528 viewsslaughteredskipper

I successfully played as part of a midfield 3 for many years in a 3-5-2 formation and got me thinking would this be a good option for the current squad.

I’d go for
Gk Holy
RWB Vincent Young
LWB Edwards
RCB Woolfenden
CB Chambers
LCB McGuiness
CM Downes
CM Nolan
CM Bishop
F Norwood
F Jackson

Some contentious decisions but hear me out. There’s a general scapegoating of Chambers on here but he is a leader. For me no place for Dozzell as he flatters to deceive where Nolan is more box to box in my opinion. Bishop provides the flair and capacity to make things happen.

Two up front actually puts teams in the back foot instead of inviting them on which seems to happen every time I watch them.

Thomas looks good to me and could be in that midfield 3 potentially instead of bishop? And in the absence of Vincent Young I’d have a look at Thomas there?

A bit nervous about Edwards defensively there so maybe Ward/Kenlock.

Something needs to change and for me a formation which makes teams worry about our attacking intent instead of working out how they will unlock our defensive position is a must.

Let the tearing apart begin!
Pull my team apart on 14:25 - Jan 30 with 449 viewsFennersITFC

Not the worst suggestion I’ve seen, however I think the problem we’ve had with the wingbacks before is teams will play high wingers and have 2vs 1 down the flanks as well as pinning the wingbacks to nullify any threat we have from outwide, so personally I’m not a massive fan of it (with the players we have especially.) although one of the better matches last season was where chambers and woolfenden were bombing on from CB in a back 5 (vs Accrington I think).

Edwards at LWB scares me greatly!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024