Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town trend data 17:45 - Feb 7 with 704 viewsLankHenners

The excellent Experimental361 has updated his 'trend' data for the top 4 leagues over the past 3 seasons which shows whether a club is over or under achieving through the metrics of goals scored against expected goals scored and goals conceded against expected goals conceded.

I know you can overanalyse things you can see with your eyes, and things like xG aren't always the best measures of certain situations but the Town one here backs up what has been pretty obvious to everyone. Essentially, for this season and the last, we overachieved for the first part, then promptly slid down into underachieving. The same thing has happened again with the same manager twice.

It also shows just how awful we were in the relegation season, consistently failing to meet a pretty dismal expected goal difference bar.

I guess this sort of thing is missing from Evans' folder of 'facts' that means Lambert should stay.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Town trend data on 17:58 - Feb 7 with 663 viewsNthQldITFC

I think I went skiing there once.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town trend data on 19:17 - Feb 7 with 596 viewsArnieM

So if we overachieved at the start of the last two seasons and underachieved in the second part, that must mean we are basically a mid table side? Which funnily enough is exactly where we are!

I hope these statisticians don’t charge the earth for their analysis !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024