Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. 10:59 - May 14 with 627 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday and have been really worried about things since he arrived. Seeing how much Chambers and Skuse really did care made me feel for them being made into villains when frankly it wasn't their fault key players such as Downes, Norwood and Vincent Young were injured which is why we didn't pick up those few extra points needed. It was not their fault that we were relying so much on kids such as Wolfenden, Downes, Dozzell and McGuinness to get us out of this league. I feel they have been unfairly burned by Cook, as have the rest of the players by finding themselves out of work. Had we properly invested in a couple more players we'd have gone up. That is again on Evans, not Cook.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:02 - May 14 with 596 viewssaffers12

I think it is natural as a town fan to be worried but I really have to and do believe we are going to turn a corner. I am more excited now than at any point in the last decade or more
I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:04 - May 14 with 579 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:02 - May 14 by saffers12

I think it is natural as a town fan to be worried but I really have to and do believe we are going to turn a corner. I am more excited now than at any point in the last decade or more

It is easy to blame players but Chambers was fit all season and played well. Skuse wasn't fit so you could understand that one more. You'd be hard pressed to find a better, more experienced defender at this level than Chambers, other than someone like a Ward. People won't agree with that, but he was solid and scored some great goals this season and over the years here.

I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:06 - May 14 with 558 viewsJ2BLUE

Also, Cook didn't have a transfer window. That is on Evans as well. The expensive loanees were, overall, awful. If Evans had have paid Lambert off and given Cook a window and the same funds as well as the ability to generate his own funds I think it would have been very different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:07 - May 14 with 554 viewsSteve_M

I think it's fine to be critical of Cook, I certainly have been too, but what is't helpful is repeating the same thing 100s of times in multiple posts (and that goes for when others do that as well).

I think we all need to wait and see what happens now and not try to overanalyse every rumour or tweet from a player. It'll be a long Summer otherwise.

Just chill a bit, I think that's a reasonable post. I don't quite agree, some will vehemently disagree but that's fine unless they get abusive.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:09 - May 14 with 537 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I am going to give Paul Cook a chance now. on 11:06 - May 14 by J2BLUE

Also, Cook didn't have a transfer window. That is on Evans as well. The expensive loanees were, overall, awful. If Evans had have paid Lambert off and given Cook a window and the same funds as well as the ability to generate his own funds I think it would have been very different.

I really don't know how Evans made his decisions. Just what was the thought behind backing a manager in a window that he'd already sacked behind the scenes while having negotiated a sale for the club for the year or so prior. Lambert would have heard about Cook ages ago, which probably contributed to some of his weird actions towards the end.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024