Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redistribution of football finance 21:19 - Sep 4 with 962 viewsBluedicea

As I'm sure nearly all would agree the finances of football have become ridiculous over the years, the gulf between the top and bottom of the pyramid has become much wider.
Now over the years they have introduced various measures to limit this, most are very weak attempts put forward to appease the growing discontent with the system, things such as FFP and minimal compensation for Academy players, etc.

I had an idea, I did a quick check but couldn't find anything. So if it's been suggested before I apologise.

The idea...... To make sure money is redistributed around the football pyramid more generously and fairly. How about adding a 10% clause to all contracts signed by a player. So that 10% of every transfer fee during that players career is set aside to be distributed to all the clubs he/she played at as a youth player. Seeing as often the clubs that give the players the basics never really benefit much from developing them.

This I feel would greatly benefit the much smaller provincial clubs, yet wouldn't really take much away from the top clubs, who are more likely to reject any restrictions on financial matters to make the leagues fairer.

The only problems I can see with this, so please say if I've missed anything glaringly obvious, is - Increase in transfer fees to compensate for the extra 10% (but that would still be a benefit to the lower clubs)
- more free transfers(isn't that really a good thing for lower clubs)
- Players getting the hump about always having it added to their contracts(Doubtful, what sort of player wouldn't want to help a club that gave them a chance)
- The bigger clubs(They would also be benefitting from it from the players they trained so unlikely to disagree)
- International players would be the difficult one, as it would need to be all federations to make it fair, as if it was only implemented in English football there would possibly be a greater increase in foreign players being bought, which would be more detrimental to the English game as a whole.

Please be gentle with me in your comments, I am a new poster but have supported the Town for 25 odd years and have read this forum on and off since then,

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Redistribution of football finance on 22:18 - Sep 4 with 878 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome to TWTD.

I don't think it would work. Players, agents and the biggest clubs won't agree to anything which dilutes their shares or damages their interests.

Look at Dyche at Burnley during the pandemic. For most clubs it's a case of wanting to climb the ladder and then pull it up after them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Redistribution of football finance on 01:13 - Sep 5 with 772 viewsBluedicea

Redistribution of football finance on 22:18 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

Welcome to TWTD.

I don't think it would work. Players, agents and the biggest clubs won't agree to anything which dilutes their shares or damages their interests.

Look at Dyche at Burnley during the pandemic. For most clubs it's a case of wanting to climb the ladder and then pull it up after them.

Thankyou

I agree they would be the biggest dissenter, but if it included all youth players they would be benefitting too at a greater rate.
What they would lose is 10% of a transfer fee(which does happen sometimes already), but over the course of a players career it would create larger income for the clubs, just over a prolonged period, unless the club has zero youth teams.

Yes, some people are like that but I bet there are far more clubs and managers that know the only way to keep it all healthy is to spread the money around. Not saying they wouldn't look after their interests first but they are more vocal about the sustainability of the game.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Redistribution of football finance on 09:16 - Sep 5 with 603 viewsBasuco

There are three minor problems, greedy players, even more greedy agents and much much more greedy premier league clubs. Apart from that not a bad idea.
Redistribution of football finance on 18:31 - Sep 5 with 499 viewsDurovigutum

Far easier to cut the number of loans a club can make to five players a season and with it prevent the intra club transfers between "owned" feeder clubs.
This will stop the stupidly rich clubs hoovering up players they then just loan out again, and will make players think about their prospects of first team football.
It also means that young stars break through and excite their home fans for a few seasons before being sold for a decent sum, rather than stolen for buttons with add ons that are never activated because of subtle workarounds.
Redistribution of football finance on 18:46 - Sep 5 with 479 viewsBluedicea

Redistribution of football finance on 18:31 - Sep 5 by Durovigutum

Far easier to cut the number of loans a club can make to five players a season and with it prevent the intra club transfers between "owned" feeder clubs.
This will stop the stupidly rich clubs hoovering up players they then just loan out again, and will make players think about their prospects of first team football.
It also means that young stars break through and excite their home fans for a few seasons before being sold for a decent sum, rather than stolen for buttons with add ons that are never activated because of subtle workarounds.

Totally agree with you there.

I remember there was a plan to limit this but during covid, I haven't seen anything more said. Hopefully it hasn't been ditched on the quiet.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/51665904.amp

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024