Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin 08:06 - Sep 12 with 712 viewsNorfolkBlue1

first game of the season I couldn’t manage yesterday due to illness. Did he actually play?
Chaplin on 08:13 - Sep 12 with 660 viewsLightworker

Yes, not that you would have noticed, i'd be surprised if he touched the ball more than 10 times.

He was completely ineffective to be honest although the way we are set up we seem to struggle to get any decent play into feet to the number 10 whoever is playing, so not entirely his fault.
Chaplin on 08:16 - Sep 12 with 642 views3_5_2

Chaplin on 08:13 - Sep 12 by Lightworker

Yes, not that you would have noticed, i'd be surprised if he touched the ball more than 10 times.

He was completely ineffective to be honest although the way we are set up we seem to struggle to get any decent play into feet to the number 10 whoever is playing, so not entirely his fault.

Agree.

Saw nothing that made me think we have a good player here.

We may do but he was totally ineffective and seeing him go up for a header with their giant CB was just ridiculous

The program has him at 5ft 9.

Yeah right

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Chaplin on 08:19 - Sep 12 with 632 viewsgordon

Barely touched it - basically Harper and Evans only pass it sideways, and we're quite good at attacking from wide positions (Burns and Coulson both played well going forward at least yesterday), so whoever plays in the no. 10 position doesn't really see much of the ball.

I think we're in a bit of a mess in the midfield now because really we need to switch to a three, but I don't think we've got the players to do that at all, except for probably Morsy -

something like

KVY-Woolfenden-Nsiala-Coulsen
Nolan-Morsy-Fraser
Burns-Bonne-Chaplin

Might just about work, with Morsy dropping into the back four when needed - but yesterday neither Evans nor Harper seemed to have the know-how (or been instructed) to drop into the back four when required, which is a must if the full-backs are playing so far forward.
Chaplin on 08:23 - Sep 12 with 610 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Chaplin on 08:13 - Sep 12 by Lightworker

This is actually one of my bigger concerns (along with many many others) with the way things have gone. We are only scoring goals because we have good individuals. In all of the games this season, not once has a 10 been influential, and you can’t say it is down to the individuals not being good enough because it’s evident they are, for someone who is known for his attacking tactical nous, he doesn’t seem to have any idea how to make us fluent from midfield to attack? What are they working on in training?
This for me is an even bigger concern than the defence, it’s obvious that we need a defensive coach but cook is already in place, and he is meant to be the attacking genius!
Chaplin on 08:31 - Sep 12 with 564 viewsgordon

Chaplin on 08:23 - Sep 12 by NorfolkBlue1

This is actually one of my bigger concerns (along with many many others) with the way things have gone. We are only scoring goals because we have good individuals. In all of the games this season, not once has a 10 been influential, and you can’t say it is down to the individuals not being good enough because it’s evident they are, for someone who is known for his attacking tactical nous, he doesn’t seem to have any idea how to make us fluent from midfield to attack? What are they working on in training?
This for me is an even bigger concern than the defence, it’s obvious that we need a defensive coach but cook is already in place, and he is meant to be the attacking genius!

Harper and Evans play very, very conservatively, while not really offering much defensive stability either. If we do persist with 4-2-3-1, it'd have to be Morsy and either Carroll or Nolan for me.

Really not seen much of a player in Harper at all, while Evans seems to prefer to attempt ineffectual but nice looking crossfield passes rather than actually progressing the play.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 8:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024