Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town's current longest serving player? 10:44 - Oct 6 with 2865 viewsEdmundo

I saw an archive story about the legend that is Micky Stockwell. 15 years plus at Town, spanning 2 promotions. Who's the currently longest serving? My hunch is current Mr No Number, Myles Kenlock (1st teamer since 2015)., gawd knows who'd be next...

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Town's current longest serving player? on 23:44 - Oct 6 with 240 viewsClapham_Junction

Town's current longest serving player? on 19:56 - Oct 6 by The_Major

I did wonder about Tommy Parker as well tbh. Wondering if there were any players from the Southern League days (1936-38) who were still around when Sir Alf turned up in 1955. They may have been here for nearly twenty years, but of course they would have lost six seasons during the war.

Failing that, what about the longest serving member of staff - Pat Godbold, surely? On the playing/coaching staff combined, I'd have thought Burley would have had the most - debuted 1973/74, left summer of 1985 I think (12 seasons) came back as manager 1994/95, left 2002/03 (8 seasons) and there's your 20 different seasons.

The only other person who might come close I guess could be Charlie Woods? Thing is, it's a bit problematic putting down dates for him - certain four seasons as a player up to 1970, and then I think he was part of Sir Bob's backroom staff until he went to England - so - if so that's 16 seasons. And then he was part of Burley's scouting network, but I don't know how long for, so that could be an additional potential eight seasons, which gives us a surely cannot be beaten 24.

You're right, I've got nothing to do this evening.

Steve McCall - ten years as a player (1977-1987) and then 13 years as a scout (2001-2014) isn't far behind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024