Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never lose, I either win or learn. 22:22 - Nov 28 with 244 viewsTractorFrog

I don’t remember who said this, but have a feeling that it was a politician. Funnily enough, I brought this up after our game at home against Crewe last season, after we were outplayed but won anyway. This was in the middle of Paul Lambert’s interviews where he repeatedly said how good our performances were and how we deserved to win. Before he gave his interview (where he did admit to the lucky win), I said that if Lambert treated the game as a loss, it was a brilliant opportunity for the team to learn how to improve, without having to lose a game first. A situation where you can win and learn. The same situation is true today. If Paul Cook treats this game as a bad one, and uses it to look for how to improve, it could be a massive positive for us as he gets this valuable information about weaknesses in the team (much of which he would have known already, but every game will provide more information), but still gets the three points. Winning with a bad performance can be just as good as winning with a good one. Today was a good day for Ipswich Town. COYB!

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024