Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine Help Please 17:36 - Mar 22 with 4339 viewsEdwardStone

Hi

I am hoping that the good folks here can spare a few pounds to help these good people stuck in Kharkiv

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jim-wallis

Many thanks
Ukraine Help Please on 19:46 - Mar 28 with 1125 viewsEdwardStone

Many thanks to all who have donated.

Yuliia has been sending occasional updates, here is the gist of today's

The weather has turned cold in Kharkiv and the heating for Yuliia's apartment doesn't work, so they are wrapped warm. Night time they sleep in the hallway of their apartment fully dressed in case they need to leave in a hurry.

The explosions happen at random times, sometimes lots, sometimes occasional and sometimes eerie silence. Their nerves are on edge.

There is some humanitarian aid, food etc., it is not always and the queues to get some are long. 6 people queuing were killed by shellfire a few days ago.

Some shops have put their prices up to reflect the difficulty in getting supplies, some shops have tried to keep to usual prices.

The appeal is near to its target.... a few more donations and I can send funds to where they are needed

Ipswich Town has 2 new fans currently based in Kharkiv.
Ukraine Help Please on 21:57 - Mar 28 with 1085 viewsjeera

Ukraine Help Please on 19:46 - Mar 28 by EdwardStone

Many thanks to all who have donated.

Yuliia has been sending occasional updates, here is the gist of today's

The weather has turned cold in Kharkiv and the heating for Yuliia's apartment doesn't work, so they are wrapped warm. Night time they sleep in the hallway of their apartment fully dressed in case they need to leave in a hurry.

The explosions happen at random times, sometimes lots, sometimes occasional and sometimes eerie silence. Their nerves are on edge.

There is some humanitarian aid, food etc., it is not always and the queues to get some are long. 6 people queuing were killed by shellfire a few days ago.

Some shops have put their prices up to reflect the difficulty in getting supplies, some shops have tried to keep to usual prices.

The appeal is near to its target.... a few more donations and I can send funds to where they are needed

Ipswich Town has 2 new fans currently based in Kharkiv.

I've rounded mine up a bit with an added fiver and someone else has kindly popped in a tenner so at least the original target has been exceeded.

Maybe leave till the end of the week and see if a bit more rolls in?

Hopefully that will be enough to cover some travel expenses if they need to get a wiggle on.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ukraine Help Please on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 956 viewsEdwardStone

Ukraine Help Please on 21:57 - Mar 28 by jeera

I've rounded mine up a bit with an added fiver and someone else has kindly popped in a tenner so at least the original target has been exceeded.

Maybe leave till the end of the week and see if a bit more rolls in?

Hopefully that will be enough to cover some travel expenses if they need to get a wiggle on.

Many thanks for the further donation Mr J.

A very valid point about closing the appeal after end-of-the-month pay day.

I shall let it roll until Monday evening and then send funds across to Yuliia on Tuesday.
Ukraine Help Please on 08:31 - Apr 1 with 729 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any updates...perhaps staying is becoming an option?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ukraine Help Please on 09:01 - Apr 1 with 721 viewsEdwardStone

Ukraine Help Please on 08:31 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Any updates...perhaps staying is becoming an option?

Of course.... I will add see what there current thinking is
Ukraine Help Please on 12:21 - Apr 1 with 680 viewsEdwardStone

Ukraine Help Please on 09:01 - Apr 1 by EdwardStone

Of course.... I will add see what there current thinking is

Ok, I have just heard back from Yuliia.

Currently, they are still wanting to leave because they feel that the frequent shelling and rocket attacks will continue, even though their troops are slowly pushing the Russians away from the city.

They have re located to a family member's house because they were feeling very vulnerable in City centre...but the family members are wanting to flee too.

They have decided against trying to get to Dnipro because it has also been attacked, so they are a little unsure where to head to.

Apparently there is emergency accommodation in most "safe" towns, but it is a mattress space on the floor of the Sports Hall and soup kitchen meals.... so they are very torn between staying on or fleeing to an uncertain future.

They asked for Humanitarian help yesterday, they all need food and a family member needs medication. The medication came, but no food. So they are getting by on their reserves of Miniva which is something like Polenta or mealy-meal.
Ukraine Help Please on 08:52 - Apr 4 with 447 viewsEdwardStone

Ukraine Help Please on 12:21 - Apr 1 by EdwardStone

Ok, I have just heard back from Yuliia.

Currently, they are still wanting to leave because they feel that the frequent shelling and rocket attacks will continue, even though their troops are slowly pushing the Russians away from the city.

They have re located to a family member's house because they were feeling very vulnerable in City centre...but the family members are wanting to flee too.

They have decided against trying to get to Dnipro because it has also been attacked, so they are a little unsure where to head to.

Apparently there is emergency accommodation in most "safe" towns, but it is a mattress space on the floor of the Sports Hall and soup kitchen meals.... so they are very torn between staying on or fleeing to an uncertain future.

They asked for Humanitarian help yesterday, they all need food and a family member needs medication. The medication came, but no food. So they are getting by on their reserves of Miniva which is something like Polenta or mealy-meal.

A quick update

Yuliia and her family are still ok, although badly shaken by the fragments from, they believe, an intercepted rocket that fell near where they currently live

These fragments caused 4 dead and about 30 injured, some seriously.

I will be closing the appeal later today, so if anyone would like to help.....

Many thanks to all who have already contributed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024