Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alright chaps? 20:07 - Aug 2 with 928 viewsNewcyBlue

Well it’s been a fun few months.

Seb had his cousins living with him whilst their mother was waiting for court and the closer it got the happier he was. Eventually their mother was told she was not guilty of inflicting injury on a 2 month old baby (her son) whilst she was in a different room. Her ex-partner (the boys father) was found guilty.

So after 7 and a half months Seb finally got his bedroom back to himself. And his mother. He’s still not sleeping over. I just think he’s got so much leeway at his mums house that he can’t abide the rules and routine here. I was pretty sad about it to begin with. I’ve gotten used to it now. He’s 9, he will be wanting to go out to his mates houses soon rather than spend any time with us. Unfortunately the court case started the Monday after EdwardStone’s BBQ. Seb wouldn’t have enjoyed going down, and the twins and MrsN aren’t much fun on long car journeys!

A few weeks back he went to see one of his aunts. Everyone knew she had covid. Apart from me. He was then sent round to see me like normal. We weren’t told. Rather unsurprisingly we got covid. The twins got it pretty bad. Ended up getting them large pet cooling gel pads for them to sleep on. That wasn’t a fun time.

Speaking of covid. It ran rampant through my last ship. I managed to stay clear of it, and thought I must have been immune to it! We went from a crew of 28 to 5. We could barely run the ship. We were in dry dock. The superintendent told us he didn’t care about covid and work must go on.

When I saw him a few days later I left him in no doubt as to my feelings. The company didn’t really care. They didn’t want us to test or report to port health. It was a case of if you don’t test then it isn’t confirmed. It was quite a stressful time. On top of that I had to do stability calculations to make sure that when the dock flooded again that the ship didn’t fall over. Spoiler alert. It didn’t.

Right now I am still testing positive by PCR. The company has recently decided that we can only join if we have a negative PCR. So it looks like more time at home. I’m having to pay for weekly tests at a centre in Newcastle. The guy on the desk doesn’t bother asking for ID any more.

I’ve seen a lot of the MS threads during my lurking. Obviously donating to the cause was a given. It’s a disease that I watched my mother suffer from. She had primary progressive MS. My high school girlfriend got in touch with me in February. She had been diagnosed with MS. I feel like the Brody family in Jaws. But instead of a shark it’s MS.

Speaking of MS. There is a fantastic lady called Leila Ives (who used to play for Leicester Womens football team). She has MS and is competing at the CrossFit Games this week in the Neuro Adaptive division. She was fundraising, before linking her page on here I managed to get in touch with a massive CrossFit news outlet in the states and told them about her. They ran a feature on her and she managed to raise the funds she needed to travel to Madison, WI to compete.

You can read more about her here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-ne

So this week, I’ll be doing some housework and tuning in to the CrossFit Games from Thursday. The mother in law is coming to visit on Sunday. Bringing MrsN’s youngest sister. Which means I’ll be firing up the pizza oven and trying to hide outside.

I hope you’re all well TWTD. Take care of each other.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Alright chaps? on 23:08 - Aug 2 with 779 viewsjeera

Nice to see ya.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Alright chaps? on 23:19 - Aug 2 with 759 viewsDeano69

Love hearing your updates. Stay safe fella.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Alright chaps? on 06:53 - Aug 3 with 645 viewsazuremerlangus

Glad to hear you calculated the GM correctly!

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Alright chaps? on 07:36 - Aug 3 with 555 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Great to hear from you Newcy....a testing few months to say the least.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024