Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all got a bit nervous, but that was pretty comfortable really 17:59 - Aug 6 with 721 viewsDubtractor

They had a 10 minute spell when they scored, and had another disallowed, but otherwise that was pretty straightforward. Especially the last 10 minutes (or 19 with added time).

I think we're conditioned as town fans to expect the worst, as we've had 20 years of increasing degrees of it, but a neutral watching that would probably not have seen it as we did.

That said, we've really got to be more clinical - we had the ball in their box a lot in the second half, but never really looked like scoring, either through overplaying or bad decision making.

I'm still confident that we'll be there or thereabouts based on the 2 games so far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We all got a bit nervous, but that was pretty comfortable really on 18:01 - Aug 6 with 680 viewsbluefunk

At last some sense amongst all those playing competitive negativity
We all got a bit nervous, but that was pretty comfortable really on 18:21 - Aug 6 with 590 viewsIpswichKnight

Totally agree on that, we are conditioned to expect us to concede in the 11th minute of the 9 added on minutes, that would be such an Ipswich thing to do.
We all got a bit nervous, but that was pretty comfortable really on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 503 viewsGuthrum

FGR played decent football. Lively, passing and running when they could, battling for the ball. They looked far from weak and should have no trouble staying up this season (so long as they don't hit the same problem we did last time, namely being able to break down frustrating defences).

We were obviously fitter and sharper than they, plus could bring serious pace and skill off the bench.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We all got a bit nervous, but that was pretty comfortable really on 18:51 - Aug 6 with 492 viewsbelgablue

Definitely need to be more clinical. Although I did like how they should have scored at one end and we went straight up the other and took the lead. Fine margins etc...

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

We all got a bit nervous, but that was pretty comfortable really on 19:27 - Aug 6 with 422 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, basically that. And as Guthers says, FGR are well established as a team with an effective game plan.

That ten minute spell was pretty poor though, think McK was a bit slow to make charges.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024