Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield car parking for Saturday 10:43 - Sep 15 with 2142 viewswiganblue

Hi All

First time going to Wednesday so wondering where is best to park? I'm thinking of going to Malin Bridge Park and Ride and getting the tram to Hillsbrough which is then a 10 minute walk to the stadium.

Is there a better car park to use?

Thanks!
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:12 - Sep 15 with 2076 viewspennyfathersleg

If you get there early enough, there are loads of side roads you can park in. I managed to park in one of them no problem last season.
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:19 - Sep 15 with 2060 viewsWalkley_owl

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:12 - Sep 15 by pennyfathersleg

If you get there early enough, there are loads of side roads you can park in. I managed to park in one of them no problem last season.

The council are clamping down on it, just be careful, not worth a ticket!
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:23 - Sep 15 with 2045 viewsWorcesterParkBlue

I think I'm going to park at Meadowhall, and get the tram across in around 35 mins (think it costs £3)...wife is coming too to shop whilst I'm at football :-).
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 12:27 - Sep 15 with 1949 viewslongtimefan

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:23 - Sep 15 by WorcesterParkBlue

I think I'm going to park at Meadowhall, and get the tram across in around 35 mins (think it costs £3)...wife is coming too to shop whilst I'm at football :-).

That's what I did last year. Think it took slightly longer that that but not much. Got first tram back after the game and was home in Ipswich by 9pm.
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 1897 viewsWorcesterParkBlue

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 12:27 - Sep 15 by longtimefan

That's what I did last year. Think it took slightly longer that that but not much. Got first tram back after the game and was home in Ipswich by 9pm.

Great - thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 15:48 - Sep 15 with 1765 viewspennyfathersleg

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:19 - Sep 15 by Walkley_owl

The council are clamping down on it, just be careful, not worth a ticket!

Oh! Is that right? Thanks for letting me know. I did park on a side street with no signs or restrictions though.
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 15:49 - Sep 15 with 1760 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:23 - Sep 15 by WorcesterParkBlue

Took me nearly an hour after FT to get on a team last season, so hopefully they have a few more running this time around!!
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 19:46 - Sep 15 with 1640 viewsTractorgirlforever

I normally park at meadowhall, its free, then you can get the tram from there to the ground
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:43 - Sep 16 with 1452 viewsEnron

Hey Guys

I saw this thread and had to add a couple of things to think about re the parking and the tram.

Firstly, my advice would NOT be to use the park and rides for this game. You will have no problem getting to the match and the tram stops for either a nice walk through Hillsborough Park on the blue route or a 5 mins walk at the away end on the Yellow Route. But this isn’t like our previous recent meetings.

On the way back with a 28k plus crowd and a large away following, the tram stops will be heaving with both sets of fans and after big games both the tram stops and the trams are potentially the hotspot for any trouble post game. The trams themselves will be third world packed and unfortunately there aren’t enough of them. The trip back into town will take a long long time due to the traffic. If you want to risk it then its definitely an experience but don’t say you weren’t warned.

Someone suggested the tram from Malin Bridge Park and Ride which would be daft as the Middlewood Park and Ride is 10 minutes walk from the away end and has 300 spaces so you don’t actually have to get the tram.

If you are there early enough, parking in the suburbs on the hills that rise above Hillsborough are the best bet for away fans.

Have a good day — except for the game.
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 12:48 - Sep 16 with 1388 viewssoupytwist

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:43 - Sep 16 by Enron

Hey Guys

I saw this thread and had to add a couple of things to think about re the parking and the tram.

Firstly, my advice would NOT be to use the park and rides for this game. You will have no problem getting to the match and the tram stops for either a nice walk through Hillsborough Park on the blue route or a 5 mins walk at the away end on the Yellow Route. But this isn’t like our previous recent meetings.

On the way back with a 28k plus crowd and a large away following, the tram stops will be heaving with both sets of fans and after big games both the tram stops and the trams are potentially the hotspot for any trouble post game. The trams themselves will be third world packed and unfortunately there aren’t enough of them. The trip back into town will take a long long time due to the traffic. If you want to risk it then its definitely an experience but don’t say you weren’t warned.

Someone suggested the tram from Malin Bridge Park and Ride which would be daft as the Middlewood Park and Ride is 10 minutes walk from the away end and has 300 spaces so you don’t actually have to get the tram.

If you are there early enough, parking in the suburbs on the hills that rise above Hillsborough are the best bet for away fans.

Thanks for the advice. What time would you need to be at Middlewood to be sure of getting a parking space do you think? I'm dropping my son at his uni accommodation of Eccleshall Road tomorrow and then we're both going to the game. We were going to leave the car at his place and get the tram, which after the game, if it's anything like last season will mean watching two trams go by without being able to get on and taking the third one.

If we can drive up to Middlewood it would probably make life a bit easier.
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 14:04 - Sep 16 with 1305 viewswiganblue

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 11:43 - Sep 16 by Enron

Hey Guys

Cheers for the information. Just to say though I wasn't being daft re Malin Bridge - it was suggested on an away fans website hence why I created this post to ask seasoned away fans what they would normally do.

I will look at Middlewood P&R instrad given your suggestion, do you think 1pm will be early enough?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 14:06]
Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 14:24 - Sep 16 with 1269 viewsEnron

Sheffield car parking for Saturday on 14:04 - Sep 16 by wiganblue

Cheers for the information. Just to say though I wasn't being daft re Malin Bridge - it was suggested on an away fans website hence why I created this post to ask seasoned away fans what they would normally do.

I will look at Middlewood P&R instrad given your suggestion, do you think 1pm will be early enough?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 14:06]

Sorry not trying to be harsh.
I would say 1pm is just about borderline but you should be OK. The only issue for the Middlewood P&R is that you have to drive past the ground to get there from the south but at that time it wont be too bad.
Not great getting away after the game either but if you arent in a rush..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024