Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greetings from Argyle! 09:53 - Oct 16 with 3681 viewsGreenArmy75

Just registered to keep an eye on you all!

I expect you to be champions this year and Wednesday to be second given your budgets and size.

We are enjoying the ride and are improving year on year but don’t have a massive squad so are likely to fade into the playoffs.

I can’t reply to posts yet but some thought on what I’ve seen on your board.

1). Camara - you’ll love him if you can get him fit. We were happy to take the money for someone who wasn’t going to extend his contract last the final year and would be injured for the first 15 games of the season. He is full of energy and is a disruptor but won’t run with the ball for 30 yards and find a teammate. He’ll put it out for a throw. There’s a reason why he is at this level!

2). Time wasting. I agree that it is a blight on the game. Everyone does it. (Including Argyke and Ipswich!). Qualified ref told me the problem is that if you allow a keeper to take 45 seconds to take a goal kick in the first 5 mins of a game you can’t then book him later in the game for doing the same thing. I’d book him in the first half but that is just me!!
Players leaving the pitch for subs don’t have to leave by the nearest point if the ref thinks the crowd will try to intimidate the player…..

Best of luck for the season. You’ve been the best team we’ve played against this year and it was kind of you to gift us a winner. We hope we finish above you!
Greetings from Argyle! on 10:05 - Oct 17 with 249 viewsDyland

Greetings from Argyle! on 09:41 - Oct 17 by clive_baker

Can't say I have had a lot of interaction with Plymouth fans but there was one memorable occasion where I was sat at a garage in Brixton waiting for my car to have an MOT one Saturday morning some years back. It was run by some brilliant Jamaican lads from a unit under the railway arches, as cliche as it sounds all you could smell was burning rubber and pot. An old boy sat next to me, they were taking a look at his battered up Range Rover, one of those that looks like it's earned its retirement, covered in mud. Not the sort you tend to see around London as it had clearly seen countryside. You know when you can just tell someone isn't a local, he was about 80, Caucasian, and dressed like a farmer. I noticed the Plymouth Argyle sticker in his back window and got chatting to him about football. Lovely old boy, said he was up visiting his son and daughter in law in London and car had broke down, so was hoping these lads could fix it. Sat chatting for a good while, both got our cars sorted and wished each other well on our way. Not sure why I've always remembered that encounter but you know when you just meet someone who you click with, despite him being probably 55 years my senior at the time.

Lovely story Bakers.

FOOOOOTBALL!

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024