Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 teams, Remaining matches, Predictions thread 12:21 - Dec 31 with 932 viewssohamblue74

A bit geeky I know, but I couldn't resist looking at all remaining fixtures for the top 3 teams, and doing some predictions.
See my forecast below - with all 3 teams maintaining their hot run of form, and going past 90 points!

1st Ipswich 95 pts (GD of +47)
2nd Plymouth 94 pts (GD of +35)
3rd Sheff Weds 92 pts (GD of +38)

I predict Town dropping points against:
Bolton, Barnsley (losses)
Oxford, Cambridge, Sheff Weds, MK Franchise, Derby, Cheltenham, Peterborough (draws)

But winning the others against:
Lincoln, Plymouth, Morecambe, Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Forest Green, Burton, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Charlton, Port Vale, Exeter, Fleetwood

March looks like a tough month for Town, with only 3 points from 3 games (losing at Reebok and Oakwell).
So it will be critical to collect a big points haul in Jan (predicting 14 pts from 6 games), Feb (predicting 11 pts from 5 games), April (predicting 17 pts from 7 games).

On the final match day in May I predict wins for Town vs Fleetwood, and for Argyle vs Port Vale, but a costly draw for the Owls vs Derby.

What do the TWTD hive mind think? Am i being wildly optimistic?!?
Top 3 teams, Remaining matches, Predictions thread on 12:52 - Dec 31 with 780 viewsblueprint

I mentally prepare myself for disappointment before every game so know use asking me.
Top 3 teams, Remaining matches, Predictions thread on 13:08 - Dec 31 with 714 viewsbilllm

Yes it's going to be tight,
Shouldn't have been if we had turned possession into goals and wins at home,
I think one or two more will join the party,
Must win at Lincoln or serious doubts will set in,
Plaudits in December do not meen anything,
Top 3 teams, Remaining matches, Predictions thread on 13:22 - Dec 31 with 672 viewsWestSussexBlue

It’s a real stab in the dark to predict that far ahead to be fair. Lots of changes to squads will happen between now and the end of the season which will include the transfer window as well as injuries.
Before the season began for example who would have predicted we’d fail to beat Cheltenham and Fleetwood in matches at PR. One thing I will confidently predict however is that the final Four games involving the top Three and Four teams will throw up some surprises, pressure does strange things. I will also predict that the current top 3 teams will not be the final top 3 teams.
Town though..will be in the top Three.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024