Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? 06:48 - Nov 8 with 862 viewsRIPbobby

I think refs struggle in our matches mostly because we tire them out by moving through the phases so quickly. I think our style of play makes refs constantly have to make decisions and they take the easy route out and make none. In fairness to our players we didn't feel sorry for ourselves we knuckled down and kept going.

Difficult to see why the ref doesn't give a pen for the handball. You can see why players do it as they know they regularly get away with it. For me the rule needs to change so that the word intent is taken from the rules. Any handball is a foul in my eyes. Can't be wrong then.
Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:31 - Nov 8 with 792 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

No. Clutching at straws with this opinion. Sometimes they're given, sometimes they aren't. These things balance out throughout a season.
Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:40 - Nov 8 with 755 viewsBuhrer

Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:31 - Nov 8 by oncebluealwaysblue

No. Clutching at straws with this opinion. Sometimes they're given, sometimes they aren't. These things balance out throughout a season.

Brilliant. How do we claim these exactly? Do the refs keep a record, or do managers get a voucher each time?

Maybe Kieran will uno all 5 pen cards on the Scum one after another during the Derby! Exciting!!
Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:42 - Nov 8 with 750 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:40 - Nov 8 by Buhrer

Brilliant. How do we claim these exactly? Do the refs keep a record, or do managers get a voucher each time?

Maybe Kieran will uno all 5 pen cards on the Scum one after another during the Derby! Exciting!!

No need to be pedantic. You know the point I was making is correct.
Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 10:17 - Nov 8 with 610 viewsRIPbobby

Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:31 - Nov 8 by oncebluealwaysblue

I was kind of going on the fact that we have had 0 pens in the league. Generally speaking refs are fair and tend to give them when they see them. If they have lots of big decisions to make and need to do it straight away the easy thing to do is not give it.

Also going back to a match at Portman Road last year where we had 3 penalty calls in about 10 seconds when the ref eventually gave it on the 3rd incident. So kind of backing up my point is saying we do lots of things very quickly and don't give the ref time to get in the right position to give the right outcome.

In fact I get the feeling refs don't like doing our matches as it is much, much more running for them.
Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 10:23 - Nov 8 with 592 viewsRyorry

If refs aren't up to it, they either need to train harder or stop being refs.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 582 viewsBuhrer

Do we move the ball too quick for refs to give a pen? on 07:42 - Nov 8 by oncebluealwaysblue

No need to be pedantic. You know the point I was making is correct.

I was intending being sarcastic, not pedantic. Its a nice optimism to believe things even themselves out ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024