Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Late night £105mn thoughts 23:53 - Mar 22 with 610 viewsTresBonne

I remember watching this club for years be run into the ground and lose every week in league one playing like utter toilet. I remember when someone found the Three Lions following us on twitter, then the deal being done a few months later after Evans’s long email to the fans.

Never would’ve expected fast forwarding a few years that we’d be in such a strong position where we’ve been able to sell 40% for £105 million considering they bought 90% for £40 million, the same price Norwich sold one player for in the same summer bought our whole club.

So lucky to have been able to watch us transform into one of the best run clubs in the country with what is easily the best manager outside the PL and be able to have made some good memories following us up and down the country in my prime years of life. Football is an entertainment business and we’ve definitely had our fair share of that since the takeover…exciting to see what the future holds but we have such strong roots now.

Even if we don’t get over the line this season, we’ve still had some amazing times and I hope the likes of Kieran McKenna, Leif Davis can see how well run and well rooted this football club is and stay to have at least one more shot for it. Never would’ve dreamed of being in this position that night after Cook went and we lost 2-0 at Charlton with fans on the pitch.

Plus, if we do go up, we are financially secured for many years to come, and will be in such a strong position with hopefully finalising a Cat 1 academy, building a new training ground and a new stand helping us to push on to bigger and better things up the pyramid. I don't remember a club in a very long time in modern football be as well run and sensible as we are, I genuinely think the structure of it is incredible and such an overlooked part of football at times, and we are (again) lucky that it's us this time.

Enjoy the ride, and all that. x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024