Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to own up 07:12 - Apr 30 with 1042 viewsmuccletonjoe

Going into these last 2 games,  I think it's time to hold my hands up.
Never at any point did I expect us to end up being promoted from this league this season.
....and yet here we are with 4 days to go, still knocking on the door.
So.... whatever happens in the next 2 games , I will not be calling out ANY player's, no matter their  performance. 
They are all a credit to this football club. And I am proud to call you Ipswich Town players.
To a man .Well done to each and every one of you.
Time to own up on 07:20 - Apr 30 with 960 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“whatever happens in the next 2 games , I will not be calling out ANY player's, no matter their performance. ”

Well said - couldn’t agree more. They’ve given me the best two season of my time supporting Town. If we come up short it won’t be through lack of effort (can’t say that about most of the last 15 years). It saddens me to see all the hot takes about changing our style, calling out Woolfie, spamming 20 pages a day aimed at our best winger. If we lose tonight it’s probably best I don’t log in…
Time to own up on 07:54 - Apr 30 with 780 viewsStewart27

Time to own up on 07:20 - Apr 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“whatever happens in the next 2 games , I will not be calling out ANY player's, no matter their performance. ”

Well said - couldn’t agree more. They’ve given me the best two season of my time supporting Town. If we come up short it won’t be through lack of effort (can’t say that about most of the last 15 years). It saddens me to see all the hot takes about changing our style, calling out Woolfie, spamming 20 pages a day aimed at our best winger. If we lose tonight it’s probably best I don’t log in…

Perspective generally goes out of the window on a football forum.

Shame really.
Time to own up on 08:12 - Apr 30 with 688 viewsmuccletonjoe

Time to own up on 07:54 - Apr 30 by Stewart27

Perspective generally goes out of the window on a football forum.

Shame really.

After a season like this , it really is
Time to own up on 08:22 - Apr 30 with 653 viewsWeWereZombies

Also, the sun is shining in Scotland right now. This is a rare day, I tell you, a rare day...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Time to own up on 08:57 - Apr 30 with 491 viewsEuropablue

Because all the players do their best and are mostly performing at a much higher level than we could all imagine, it isn't right to call players out. It is fine to say that Morsy could have done better for the first goal that Hull scored, and that Hladky could have done better with the third one, we just should not ignore the two great saves where Hladky stopped two great chances, or ignore how well they have played over the entire season. Demanding that Hladky be dropped is ridiculous. I don't think it is an unfair point to make to say that perhaps just before halftime or when we are leading, we might want to play it simple and manage the game a bit better.
What I find ridiculous is the bed wetting about a draw against a good side when we have a great opportunity still and getting fully behind the lads might just make the difference considering that the margins are so fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024