Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna Contract 22:51 - May 22 with 295 viewsitfctilidie

Yes another thread.

Does anyone actually know the terms in McKenna's contract (i doubt this)?

The quoted figures for compensation, they aren't necessarily a release fee, or has it been confirmed it is? What I mean is, it might not be a pay xx and automatic release - it might be that is the fee if we agree for him to go and he goes

My point, Ashton has said don't believe the rumours and is cutting a calm figure. You would think if we knew McKenna was going, other managers would have been sounded out, and contact with other clubs would be made - although we have our code of silence at the club, other clubs wouldn't stick to this, and they in turn would need to make their own plans for replacements at their ends - basically information would leak somewhere - other than Rob Edwards lazy link there has been nothing.

So, maybe teams are interested in McKenna, but if Ashton/Board say they aren't entertaining any kinds of offers this summer for McKenna, then he doesn't go anywhere, regardless of who offers. Unless of course there are certain clauses in the contract which we don't know about.

It might be there is a United clause, and as I have seen mentioned all this Brighton and Chelsea talk is just agent playing to put McKenna in the frame for the United role should it be available at the weekend.

Ashton hasn't said he isn't leaving, but he has said don't believe any rumours you hear - which suggests this has all been expected.

Who knows what wll happen, but we are Ipswich Town and even if he does go it won't be the merry go round scrap pile where we are looking this time. If the rumours of us offering McKenna a contract to be 6th highest paid manager in premiership, the world would really be our oyster for a replacement.
[Post edited 22 May 22:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024