Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The never ending saga 23:03 - May 22 with 395 viewswiltshireblue

I keep promising myself I won't get sucked into this, and then find myself every 30 minutes seeing if it has been confirmed he has left yet

I would have expected (Rightly or wrongly) that KMc would have taken the opportunity to help dispel the rumours last night when he was asked the questions. Even if it just meant not talking in the third person when talking about the club, or even a 'we have a lot to look forward to next season' would have been nice.

Who knows what will happen now, my head says he's gone, and if that's the case it is for the best. I thank him wholeheartedly for the last 2 seasons, in the same way that I believe he should be thankful to the entire club around him and the opportunity and environment to thrive, initially out of the spotlight to a degree as underdogs.

If he's to go off now then good luck to him, but let's get it done and give the club, fans and players some certainty.

If he does leave then quite honestly I think he's made a big mistake and he isn't quite the shrewd character that I thought he was. If he isn't an immediate success then he'll get blamed (whether it is his fault or not) and his reputation tarnished and he'll always be the manager who jumped ship from us after success.

Personally I think he should give it a season with us and see what happens and carry the project on. If it doesn't work out for us his stock won't be devalued, it will be because we are 'little old Ipswich' and that is what often happens with newly promoted clubs. If he succeeds with us next season then he truly would be the messiah and he would be rated a miracle worker.

Either way, lets get it done and move on. If its not to be its not to be
[Post edited 22 May 23:05]
The never ending saga on 23:07 - May 22 with 345 viewsEuropablue

I can't measure the energy I've wasted on this. I would have been happier not to know and hear if something actually happens. I think this is why Mick McCarthy meant when he said be careful what you wish for! I should be focusing this energy on work and family.
The never ending saga on 23:10 - May 22 with 316 viewswiltshireblue

The never ending saga on 23:07 - May 22 by Europablue

I can't measure the energy I've wasted on this. I would have been happier not to know and hear if something actually happens. I think this is why Mick McCarthy meant when he said be careful what you wish for! I should be focusing this energy on work and family.

You're not wrong. Easier said than done though to ignore the updates.

But like I say if he doesn't want to be here then it's best he goes and quickly.

If he does then great, let's crack on.

We can't change that but can only hope to get it wrapped up one way or the other
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024