Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score 10:15 - Sep 12 with 873 viewsunstableblue

I’d take a 1-1 right now, or a 2-2

All model predictions are a 2-1 home win.

We do need a result and a performance.

But they’ve good players.

Time for the new team and manager to stand up and be counted.

My prediction 2-2 Enciso (ex Brighton boy)
[Post edited 12 Sep 10:15]

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

0
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:22 - Sep 12 with 823 viewsTrimandBlue82

I'd take a draw too. Agree we need to start strong and quieten the crowd. If we perform like we did for the first half against Man U then I think we'll be fine. Just need a sustained performance for both halfs and no mistakes in defence.
1
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:31 - Sep 12 with 795 viewsunstableblue

Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:22 - Sep 12 by TrimandBlue82

I'd take a draw too. Agree we need to start strong and quieten the crowd. If we perform like we did for the first half against Man U then I think we'll be fine. Just need a sustained performance for both halfs and no mistakes in defence.


We really settled quickly at Old Trafford, got into a good shape and managed the spaces around the pitch, the space between the lines, were calm but with excellent press.

Agree if we can get into that state we’ll do well. But they’re a different formation, have Wharton.

Palacios, Lukic, OShea and Enciso key players today.

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

0
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:40 - Sep 12 with 756 viewsTrimandBlue82

Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:31 - Sep 12 by unstableblue

We really settled quickly at Old Trafford, got into a good shape and managed the spaces around the pitch, the space between the lines, were calm but with excellent press.

Agree if we can get into that state we’ll do well. But they’re a different formation, have Wharton.

Palacios, Lukic, OShea and Enciso key players today.


We also looked a real threat in the first half at Old Trafford. Palacios man on man with Wharton perhaps? Agree on your players but I'd add Leif and the goalie to that.
0
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:46 - Sep 12 with 740 viewsunstableblue

Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 10:40 - Sep 12 by TrimandBlue82

We also looked a real threat in the first half at Old Trafford. Palacios man on man with Wharton perhaps? Agree on your players but I'd add Leif and the goalie to that.


A win, a solid performance and Scherpen looking fully settled.

It would be a dream day TrimandBlue

COYFB… let’s do this

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

0
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 11:21 - Sep 12 with 665 viewsAdams

I'm hopeful for today. We have some good players ourselves
and should feel confident. I want to see us being much more organised off the ball and being hard to play against. If I see that, I'll be happy.
0
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 11:48 - Sep 12 with 604 viewsunstableblue

Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 11:21 - Sep 12 by Adams

I'm hopeful for today. We have some good players ourselves
and should feel confident. I want to see us being much more organised off the ball and being hard to play against. If I see that, I'll be happy.


Yeah I’m with you Adams on seeing organisation and structure. That structure and solidity at old Trafford before the slip was so heartening. We know we have it in us. And it comes when partnerships and training have really stuck. We’ve had a number of weeks on the training pitch now as a group.

I know someone got brickbats for calling today a MASSIVE game for GON. But I really do think these next two games before the international break could be season defining - I know I know, no such thing as a must win, it’s too early. But a draw or win today with that solid performance we’re both seeking - it’s a huge boost for the players, manager and project.

As you say our squad quality is so much higher than the start of the last Prem campaign. Albeit we did have confidence from the promotion season. We’ve left £50m of fees out of the matchday squad today which is insane.

If we were to lose the next two, that Fulham game becomes critical, a lot of pressure, and with Fulham having a chance to regroup.

COYFB

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

0
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 12:28 - Sep 12 with 535 viewsAdams

Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 11:48 - Sep 12 by unstableblue

Yeah I’m with you Adams on seeing organisation and structure. That structure and solidity at old Trafford before the slip was so heartening. We know we have it in us. And it comes when partnerships and training have really stuck. We’ve had a number of weeks on the training pitch now as a group.

I know someone got brickbats for calling today a MASSIVE game for GON. But I really do think these next two games before the international break could be season defining - I know I know, no such thing as a must win, it’s too early. But a draw or win today with that solid performance we’re both seeking - it’s a huge boost for the players, manager and project.

As you say our squad quality is so much higher than the start of the last Prem campaign. Albeit we did have confidence from the promotion season. We’ve left £50m of fees out of the matchday squad today which is insane.

If we were to lose the next two, that Fulham game becomes critical, a lot of pressure, and with Fulham having a chance to regroup.

COYFB


There have been so many positives that if we can sort the organisation and structure, which has at times been very bad, I'll be very confident of staying up. We have players who can cause any team's problems going forward, and our midfield has the potential to be good. We just need to make sure teams have to work harder to score against us
1
Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 14:30 - Sep 12 with 411 viewsBlue_Uprising

Start strong and solid, quieten the crowd, test Richards, score on 11:48 - Sep 12 by unstableblue

Yeah I’m with you Adams on seeing organisation and structure. That structure and solidity at old Trafford before the slip was so heartening. We know we have it in us. And it comes when partnerships and training have really stuck. We’ve had a number of weeks on the training pitch now as a group.

I know someone got brickbats for calling today a MASSIVE game for GON. But I really do think these next two games before the international break could be season defining - I know I know, no such thing as a must win, it’s too early. But a draw or win today with that solid performance we’re both seeking - it’s a huge boost for the players, manager and project.

As you say our squad quality is so much higher than the start of the last Prem campaign. Albeit we did have confidence from the promotion season. We’ve left £50m of fees out of the matchday squad today which is insane.

If we were to lose the next two, that Fulham game becomes critical, a lot of pressure, and with Fulham having a chance to regroup.

COYFB


People don’t like to hear it, but the first 5 games are basically season defining for promoted teams based on historic stats. So hoping for a very competitive game today and for us to sneak a win COYB
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026