Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need help with a song that’s really bugging me 07:31 - Sep 18 with 568 viewsGlasgowBlue

Was in a restaurant last night and the has a guy singing with a piano. One song he played I’ve heard a few times before but I can’t place it.

I’d say early to mid 70’s, hymn-like and doesn’t have a chorus. The beginning of the third or fourth verse is “and when I awake”. Each line in the verses are 5 syllables.

Thought it was Art Garfunkel but can’t find anything from him that sounds like it.

TWTD do your best.

Antisemites, Jew haters and crashing bores will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Need help with a song that’s really bugging me on 07:39 - Sep 18 with 507 viewsLester_Freamon

'For Emily, whenever I may find her' by Simon & Garfunkel?

Contains the line 'and when I awoke'?
2
Need help with a song that’s really bugging me on 07:43 - Sep 18 with 478 viewsGlasgowBlue

Need help with a song that’s really bugging me on 07:39 - Sep 18 by Lester_Freamon

'For Emily, whenever I may find her' by Simon & Garfunkel?

Contains the line 'and when I awoke'?


Great work. The piano arrangement made it sound more 70’s than 60’s so I never thought of S & G. Even though in my head I could hear Art sing it. Cheers.

Antisemites, Jew haters and crashing bores will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026