Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who do I vote for? 11:41 - Oct 2 with 466 viewsITFC_Essex

I am sure many traditional Labour voters have felt like this, but as I have stated in the past, i'm a middle-right, light-blue, sorta-one nation conservative type. However, the Conservative Party since Cameron has been an absolute mess and was largely terrible in Government. Now we have Kemi in charge, who is not only an absentee MP for my area, but a leader that in my view is to the right of Farage and his crew, and would be a bigger disaster for the country and economy than Truss was. That takes some doing, but she really is that bad.

Who on earth do I vote for any more? I must admit, I voted Liberal Democrat at the last three General Elections, but typically speaking I would ordinarily vote Conservative, but I just can't do it anymore. Reform are well, on paper a great protest vote but a party of failed Conservatives led by a television character. Restore, extremely right wing, the best I can say about them is at least Lowe does the traditional job of an MP, well, and takes it more seriously than Farage ever does, but again, just too far to the right.

Does the UK need a middle-ish, centre right on some issues, left on others, "democrat" type party to end all of this left and right wing extreme madness? Surely I am not the only one who's had enough of this circus?

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

0
Who do I vote for? on 11:46 - Oct 2 with 419 viewsSwansea_Blue

Did we not have that under Starmer’s Labour? Left on some issues, right on others. It was a mess because nobody could work out what they stood for (compounded by a lack of ideas and vision too).

It sounds to me like you’re making a bit of a case for PR and coalition governments. Not that that worked out particularly well for us last time either.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

2
Who do I vote for? on 12:32 - Oct 2 with 320 views_CliveBaker_

We've got another 9 PM's to get through before the next GE anyway.
1
Who do I vote for? on 12:33 - Oct 2 with 316 viewsBasuco

I think the next GE will have a large amount of tactical voting, in my area the Conservatives lost a 26,000 majority to Lib Dem, but only because it was "anyone but the tories". It will probably be the same at next GE as well but could well be anyone but reform .
0
Who do I vote for? on 16:39 - Oct 2 with 146 viewsjasondozzell

Who do I vote for? on 11:46 - Oct 2 by Swansea_Blue

Did we not have that under Starmer’s Labour? Left on some issues, right on others. It was a mess because nobody could work out what they stood for (compounded by a lack of ideas and vision too).

It sounds to me like you’re making a bit of a case for PR and coalition governments. Not that that worked out particularly well for us last time either.


Errrrrrrrr

I don't think the problem was no one could work out what they for was it.

The problem was what they stood for was vested interests and their own careers.

I can forgive anyone not working it out in say 2020/21 although it was pretty obvious then really. But anything later than that...
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026