Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Livid with what's happening at ITFC but for now it's time to back these players 10:01 - Feb 3 with 542 viewsBobbychase

My first match as a Town fan was in 1988. Through all the ups and downs since then I cannot remember feeling so angry with the way the club is being run and that includes the Mick McGiven era, some relegations, administration and the Keane/Clegg sale of Rhodes.

But this is where we are now. The transfer window is shut and loans are not open to us. This is the squad we have and this is probably the manager we have until the summer. I make that point because there is a mood of protest among our fans at the moment, rightly so, and a lot of people seem unwilling to back the side or go to games as long as Mick remains in charge.

This, I think, is now unwise. We've been ignored by the owner with his Christmas platitudes about building for the future, undermined by yet another farce of a January transfer window. Wanting to take action is natural in these circumstances but we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if the current poisonous atmosphere in the stands and at away games is maintained.

Cliched as it may sound, it's time to get behind the team. Keep your powder dry for the summer and go back to being supporters. If the owner cannot do his bit to ensure our wonderful club stays in the Championship then it's over to us to make sure the team at least feel like the fans are with them. The worrying thing about the Derby game was the way our club captain left the pitch, head in hands. We need him rallying the dressing room not feeling like he is not wanted. Now the fact we would even consider letting him go is down to Evans, but the people who hung around after Huddersfield away to abuse Chambers (and others at other games) played their part too.

Let's not forget, Mick may go in the summer or before but the bulk of the current squad are the ITFC team of next year and beyond. Bart, Webster, Skuse, Bishop, Dozzell, the lad from Macclesfield, the beanpole from Forest Green, maybe even the current loanees. Let's not punish them for the chaos happening above them.

What's done is done. Deadline day was an embarrasment but it's water under the bridge now. Go to games, sing some songs about the actual players rather than ones directed at Mick and Evans. We used to have individual songs for individual players, now we just tell the manager his football is sh*t and tell Evans to buy Tom Lawrence.

Next time the club do a £10 promotion, fill the fecking ground and have a party. Sounds daft doesn't it but if every season ticket holder took one mate it would happen. I personally pledge to buy ten £10 tickets and dish them out to waverers on here if you like.

This club can rise again, but it looks like it's over to us to breathe some life into it again.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Livid with what's happening at ITFC but for now it's time to back these players on 18:00 - Feb 3 with 468 viewsgood_at_COD

Well said Steve...
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 18:01]

Giggsy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024