Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some welcome news for some of us.... 15:44 - Feb 10 with 723 viewsbluelagos

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-ban-the-sun

Does beg the question why it took them 27 years, but that's another debate.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 687 viewsDoobDude

Do you know why nobody cares that The Daily Star printed a similar headline as The Sun?
I suppose it doesn't provocatively say "The Truth" but The Sun have at least apologised and admitted that their story was completely made up.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 15:59 - Feb 10 with 662 viewsbluelagos

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 15:55 - Feb 10 by DoobDude

Do you know why nobody cares that The Daily Star printed a similar headline as The Sun?
I suppose it doesn't provocatively say "The Truth" but The Sun have at least apologised and admitted that their story was completely made up.

As it happens the lies from the SYP were indeed reported in many newspapers. The Daily Mail coverage was also pretty poor as was the Sheffield Star.

But as you point out - the rest of the press reported it as "The police have alleged" rather than as fact. You should also (if you are interested) read some of the correspondence from the S*n to family members who complained.

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 16:04 - Feb 10 with 637 viewsDoobDude

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 15:59 - Feb 10 by bluelagos

As it happens the lies from the SYP were indeed reported in many newspapers. The Daily Mail coverage was also pretty poor as was the Sheffield Star.

But as you point out - the rest of the press reported it as "The police have alleged" rather than as fact. You should also (if you are interested) read some of the correspondence from the S*n to family members who complained.

No I am genuinely interested.

I wasn't even a teenager when Hillsborough occurred and at school we had all decided that it was the fault of the Liverpool fans. Undoubtedly heavily biased by the media and the police.

But I do feel that whilst you should never forgive the corrupt coppers , that maybe it is time to accept the apology from The Sun and move on. Kelvin McKenzie no longer works there.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 16:08 - Feb 10 with 605 viewsbluelagos

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 16:04 - Feb 10 by DoobDude

No I am genuinely interested.

I wasn't even a teenager when Hillsborough occurred and at school we had all decided that it was the fault of the Liverpool fans. Undoubtedly heavily biased by the media and the police.

But I do feel that whilst you should never forgive the corrupt coppers , that maybe it is time to accept the apology from The Sun and move on. Kelvin McKenzie no longer works there.

Your last sentence is wrong. He still has a column.

He also continued to repeat a number of SYP lies long after the Taylor report.

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 16:17 - Feb 10 with 561 viewsbluelagos

Some welcome news for some of us.... on 16:08 - Feb 10 by bluelagos

Your last sentence is wrong. He still has a column.

He also continued to repeat a number of SYP lies long after the Taylor report.

One small example of how they conducted themselves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024