Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey 09:09 - Apr 1 with 770 viewsWeWereZombies

She puts my two earthquakes and a revolution firmly in the shade with this one, looking forward to hearing Benters emulate it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39351162

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 09:15 - Apr 1 with 740 viewsMJallday

Brave lady - the non european bit sounds both wonderful and terrifying

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 09:25 - Apr 1 with 727 viewsgerard1947

What a woman, very brave and not a little crazy. What she says makes a lot of sense too. Thanks for posting.
Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 09:27 - Apr 1 with 723 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for that Zombie, an excellent read confirming my own experiences of hospitality far from home (and the negative stuff too ) . I particularly liked this.....
"The enduring impression was a region in crisis, stretched hopelessly between tyranny and terror. Yet there was light along the way - and that light was the people."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 09:32 - Apr 1 with 711 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 09:25 - Apr 1 by gerard1947

What a woman, very brave and not a little crazy. What she says makes a lot of sense too. Thanks for posting.

Morning Gerard.....looking forward to first sighting of swallows and martins soon and then the swifts.(Happy days) Have you put your potatoes in yet?

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 10:06 - Apr 1 with 684 viewsgerard1947

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 09:32 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Morning Gerard.....looking forward to first sighting of swallows and martins soon and then the swifts.(Happy days) Have you put your potatoes in yet?

Just the one row so far .... as it happens Swift first earlies. I'll be planting the rest next week, four rows of Kestrel the rest Sarpo Mia (or what ever you call them) which are supposed to be blight resistant.

Looking forward to hearing the cuckoo, last year it was the 18th. They must be well on their way from their Congo rainforest home. I'll soon see Nick Davies looking for reed warbler nests. If you get time read his latest book Cuckoo, I found it really interesting.

I haven't seen my first swallow or swift yet although there are a few about according to the birding sites.
Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 10:49 - Apr 1 with 655 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 10:06 - Apr 1 by gerard1947

Just the one row so far .... as it happens Swift first earlies. I'll be planting the rest next week, four rows of Kestrel the rest Sarpo Mia (or what ever you call them) which are supposed to be blight resistant.

Looking forward to hearing the cuckoo, last year it was the 18th. They must be well on their way from their Congo rainforest home. I'll soon see Nick Davies looking for reed warbler nests. If you get time read his latest book Cuckoo, I found it really interesting.

I haven't seen my first swallow or swift yet although there are a few about according to the birding sites.

Selborne has made his move !
https://www.bto.org/science/migration/tracking-studies/cuckoo-tracking
My swift potatoes are still on the window ledge along with rocket and Charlotte...job for the weekend (tomorrow IF I go to the match)

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 11:06 - Apr 1 with 634 viewsgerard1947

Hats off to this lady if that is not being sexist - epic cycle journey on 10:49 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Selborne has made his move !
https://www.bto.org/science/migration/tracking-studies/cuckoo-tracking
My swift potatoes are still on the window ledge along with rocket and Charlotte...job for the weekend (tomorrow IF I go to the match)

No one really knows why cuckoos are so in decline. Nick Davies reckons it could have something to do with their hosts arriving in the U.K. earlier and earlier. It's important that cuckoos are able to lay their eggs as their hosts start to lay theirs.

Cuckoos are here for such a short time, just a few weeks. They are off before many of their eggs hatch and yet their offspring find their way back to the same area as their parents.

Nature never ceases to amaze.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024