Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... 22:23 - Jul 7 with 4187 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/07/g20-protests-hamburg-altona-messeh

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:30 - Jul 7 with 4161 viewsStokieBlue

What is your point?

Are you for or against violent protest?

Looks like a bunch of idiots to me.

"The owner of a burnt-out Saab on the Elbchaussee said she had just got her children to get ready for school when about 30 masked protesters starting throwing bottles and molotov cocktails on the street outside, shortly before 8am."

What a bunch of tw*ts. Anti-capitalist indeed - I bet they go home and switch on all their capitalist based gadgets and feel very proud of themselves.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:33 - Jul 7 with 4153 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:30 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

What is your point?

Are you for or against violent protest?

Looks like a bunch of idiots to me.

"The owner of a burnt-out Saab on the Elbchaussee said she had just got her children to get ready for school when about 30 masked protesters starting throwing bottles and molotov cocktails on the street outside, shortly before 8am."

What a bunch of tw*ts. Anti-capitalist indeed - I bet they go home and switch on all their capitalist based gadgets and feel very proud of themselves.

SB

Just drawing a historical analogy....do you have a problem with it ?

Edit.......are you as hot on state violence ? Why do the state use agent provocateurs ?
Live link here
..... http://www.unicornriot.ninja/?p=16802
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:35]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:36 - Jul 7 with 4140 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:33 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just drawing a historical analogy....do you have a problem with it ?

Edit.......are you as hot on state violence ? Why do the state use agent provocateurs ?
Live link here
..... http://www.unicornriot.ninja/?p=16802
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:35]

You seem to be glorifying their idiocy, I have a problem with that yes.

It's interesting, just when I think you've started posting sensibly you stop.

If by state violence you mean stopping people burning cars and throwing Molotov cocktails then I have no problem with it at all. Neither should you.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:37]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:45 - Jul 7 with 4120 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:36 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

If by state violence you mean stopping people burning cars and throwing Molotov cocktails then I have no problem with it at all. Neither should you.

SB

Care to point out where the "glorifying" is in the op, or are you making presumptions ?

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:46 - Jul 7 with 4116 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:45 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Care to point out where the "glorifying" is in the op, or are you making presumptions ?

So do you agree with what they are doing?

You didn't bother answering in my first response, you just posted a link essentially blaming the German state.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:47]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:56 - Jul 7 with 4092 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:46 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

So do you agree with what they are doing?

You didn't bother answering in my first response, you just posted a link essentially blaming the German state.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:47]

I would need to witness each act of violence to form a view.....the only link I posted is a live one, no editing . Now about this "glorifying " ? You share the trait with Glassers in determining what is "sensible" by the way.
I find it ironic that while Hamburg burns our esteemed leaders are watching a concert, that is all ! Hence the Nero reference .

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:00 - Jul 7 with 4087 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:36 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

SB

In my experience the state is always more than happy to instigate violence at these protests as they generally have the biggest most tooled up gang and a supportive media to win the PR war with a generally compliant audience. Hence the use of agent provocateurs.

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:01 - Jul 7 with 4079 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 22:56 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I would need to witness each act of violence to form a view.....the only link I posted is a live one, no editing . Now about this "glorifying " ? You share the trait with Glassers in determining what is "sensible" by the way.
I find it ironic that while Hamburg burns our esteemed leaders are watching a concert, that is all ! Hence the Nero reference .

You're initial reference was to the leader doing nothing whilst his city burned. What exactly should the leaders do? The protesters are 100% in the wrong here, if they want to protest against capitalism then go for it, however don't burn cars and lob cocktails on streets with kids on - you know they have done this - it's quoted in the article you posted so you don't need to review each case - you can't pick and choose bits from your own article that suit you.

So yes, posting anything about the protesters at all is glorifying their actions in my eyes. I've given you 3 chances to condemn them and you haven't. That could also be seen as glorification.

The only reason Hamburg is burning is because a bunch of complete idiots are rioting - that's all. What do you want the leaders to do? Do you want Trump to don a Rambo headband and single-handedly take them all out?

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:02 - Jul 7 with 4077 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:00 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

In my experience the state is always more than happy to instigate violence at these protests as they generally have the biggest most tooled up gang and a supportive media to win the PR war with a generally compliant audience. Hence the use of agent provocateurs.

"In your experience".

So you go rioting a lot then?

SB

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:22 - Jul 7 with 4060 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:02 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

"In your experience".

So you go rioting a lot then?

SB

No but I've been on lots of protests, picket lines and even festivals that have turned violent and seen the boys in blue in action.....even squaddies here...watch it til the end ITV decided not to air his report...

Edit ....the squaddies were 1988 not this one for accuracy.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 23:26]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:31 - Jul 7 with 4047 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:22 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

No but I've been on lots of protests, picket lines and even festivals that have turned violent and seen the boys in blue in action.....even squaddies here...watch it til the end ITV decided not to air his report...

Edit ....the squaddies were 1988 not this one for accuracy.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 23:26]

That clip has nothing to do with the protests in Germany.

To draw similarities is bizarre when you have no evidence at all. You should surely see this?

SB

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:45 - Jul 7 with 4038 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:31 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

That clip has nothing to do with the protests in Germany.

To draw similarities is bizarre when you have no evidence at all. You should surely see this?

SB

You asked me if I rioted or not so I replied with a post, from my experience that shows that violence comes from both sides and is often instigated by the police. Do you have evidence that agent provocateurs have not been used in Germany ? Here is one of many examples...
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/01/05/cana-j05.html
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 23:48]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:50 - Jul 7 with 4018 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:45 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

You asked me if I rioted or not so I replied with a post, from my experience that shows that violence comes from both sides and is often instigated by the police. Do you have evidence that agent provocateurs have not been used in Germany ? Here is one of many examples...

I'm going to leave it here but I find it astonishing you won't condemn the violence of the protesters and instead look to blame the police. Posting 30 year old videos of no relevance doesn't help your cause and all your posts are complete supposition.

You've let yourself down badly in this thread.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 23:54]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:57 - Jul 7 with 4001 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:50 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

I'm going to leave it here but I find it astonishing you won't condemn the violence of the protesters and instead look to blame the police. Posting 30 year old videos of no relevance doesn't help your cause and all your posts are complete supposition.

SB

I am the sum of my experiences and have no problem with looking at myself without feeling too let down.....maybe you should consider why you so readily accept what you are fed ! How many political events that have descended into violence have you attended ?

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:11 - Jul 8 with 3906 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:50 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

SB

Is this an over reaction to a few tents in a public space ?

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:16 - Jul 8 with 3905 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:11 - Jul 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is this an over reaction to a few tents in a public space ?

Not really.

Why are you painting the protesters as some kind of pacifist wing? They went nuts on Thursday burning 30 cars.

I find it strange you are still yet to condemn them and instead focus on a police response which wouldn't be needed if they hadn't been rioting the previous day.

Its' all a bit McDonnell from you.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 9:16]

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:30 - Jul 8 with 3884 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:16 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

Not really.

Why are you painting the protesters as some kind of pacifist wing? They went nuts on Thursday burning 30 cars.

I find it strange you are still yet to condemn them and instead focus on a police response which wouldn't be needed if they hadn't been rioting the previous day.

Its' all a bit McDonnell from you.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 9:16]

Because the vast majority will have been non violent but will have been on the receiving end of violence (as in this clip). Never been one for 'divide and rule' ! My only comment would be to try and resist provocation to react violently as it is what 'the state' wants as I stated earlier re. they have the biggest, most tooled up gang and can generally (though not always) contain and control it.

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:32 - Jul 8 with 3881 viewsStokieBlue

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:30 - Jul 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because the vast majority will have been non violent but will have been on the receiving end of violence (as in this clip). Never been one for 'divide and rule' ! My only comment would be to try and resist provocation to react violently as it is what 'the state' wants as I stated earlier re. they have the biggest, most tooled up gang and can generally (though not always) contain and control it.

Still no condemnation.

I'll leave you to it. You have no evidence to say the majority are non-violent, you just have an axe to grind. I don't believe the state wants people to be violent and I suspect most other people don't either.

SB

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 10:12 - Jul 8 with 3833 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 23:45 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

You say 'often' and post a clip from 32 years ago. That's quite funny
Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 10:21 - Jul 8 with 3816 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 09:32 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

Still no condemnation.

I'll leave you to it. You have no evidence to say the majority are non-violent, you just have an axe to grind. I don't believe the state wants people to be violent and I suspect most other people don't either.

SB

If tens of thousands acted violently then the police really would have a problem ! Do you deny that agent provocateurs are used by states ? So many unanswered questions and I do not condem the violence and will not until governments do so when the police act wrongly.
Anyway thanks for the debate....now off for an MRI scan (on a Saturday! at James Paget)....the joys of the prostate, another thread maybe ! (Removal or rebore.....oh joy)

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 10:37 - Jul 8 with 3799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 10:12 - Jul 8 by FrowsyArmLarry

You say 'often' and post a clip from 32 years ago. That's quite funny

Because I was there so can be extremely clear on the matter......there are plenty more but I could not offer the same insight !

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 11:26 - Jul 8 with 3764 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Emperor Nero playing his fiddle.... on 10:37 - Jul 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because I was there so can be extremely clear on the matter......there are plenty more but I could not offer the same insight !

What year did you quit the force?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024