Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP George A Romero 07:20 - Jul 17 with 1003 viewsWeWereZombies

Or, as we thought of him, 'Deep Throat' ...

Dead, or only resting?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 7:24]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP George A Romero on 11:38 - Jul 17 with 946 viewsGunnsAirkick

One of my heroes, I am properly upset by this.

A true horror legend.
RIP George A Romero on 11:49 - Jul 17 with 928 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP George A Romero on 11:38 - Jul 17 by GunnsAirkick

One of my heroes, I am properly upset by this.

A true horror legend.

Apologies. And his films were the only decent 'walking dead' zombie (as opposed to Caribbean living but possessed) films too. Just couldn't resist the play on my user name (and I did check to see if anyone else had posted the obit. and completely missed Factual's post).

I was touched by the mention on the BBC website that he chose to live out his last hour by listening to the soundtrack of 'The Quiet Man' - will have to check that out.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP George A Romero on 12:03 - Jul 17 with 917 viewsGunnsAirkick

RIP George A Romero on 11:49 - Jul 17 by WeWereZombies

Apologies. And his films were the only decent 'walking dead' zombie (as opposed to Caribbean living but possessed) films too. Just couldn't resist the play on my user name (and I did check to see if anyone else had posted the obit. and completely missed Factual's post).

I was touched by the mention on the BBC website that he chose to live out his last hour by listening to the soundtrack of 'The Quiet Man' - will have to check that out.

Oh no need to apologise! :) He was a good humoured bloke by all accounts and I found it funny (hence the up vote), I just meant it's strange how things like this can affect you, I mean I've never met the guy but a lot of the films on my shelf probably wouldn't be there without him and I wouldn't be such a film and horror nerd. Edgar Wright has written a fantastic blog post which contains some of Romero's humour (which you can also see throughout his films): http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2017/07/17/remembering-george-romero/
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 12:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024